Home

NBA 2K15 In Real Life Video (FUNNY)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 In Real Life Video (FUNNY) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2015, 03:57 AM   #25
Rookie

Jordanmike6's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 In Real Life Video (FUNNY)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
They did this last year and 2K says they fixed everything that was in the video.

Hopefully they do the same this year. In fact I hope they make one of these videos every year.
Yes but this video is almost exactly the same video that last year.

Ps: they could do the same video about legend player with a whi for Larry Bird.

Last edited by Jordanmike6; 06-21-2015 at 04:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2015, 11:08 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
And makes double-team actually useful. The RL impact of doubles is that you restrict the vision of the ballhandler. But in the game, he has God-view and a LOT of what makes them effective is killed. So, they chuck the pass. If they "fix" some of these, the impact would not necessarily be good overall.
On point. Has me thinking about what else they might be able to do to properly mirror real life double teams, since it's not just a broad loss of vision, but a loss of options and personal space, which can induce rushed decisions and difficult executions.

Asking honestly since I don't have 2K15 but, does a defense rotate in the game to take away first pass when a double team is triggered and executed? If the defense at least attempted to do so, perhaps that could lead to more organic over-the-top-of-double-team lazy pass attempts that gets picked off in stride as a result of the compensating help. Then, perhaps it'd be the pass attempts to players who are two passes away that'd lead to some possibly highly inaccurate passes. If that's already how it is, then 2K's ahead of the game.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:43 AM   #27
Pro

hesko's Arena

OVR: 5

i hate the magnetism of the double teams plus the inability to split them or dribble away from it. Also need more organic animations other than the jumping two hand overhead pass.
Old 06-21-2015, 01:25 PM   #28
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
There's a special space reserved in hell for zig-zaggers.
they kill the enjoyment of the park. if im on a team with a zig zagger, i will jsut sit there and do nothing because we all know the guy wont ever pass the ball. so no point in me wasting time trying to move into a good position when i know the ball wont ever come to me.
Old 06-21-2015, 03:18 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I don't know about them fixing everything in last year's video. But I'm sure the effort to fix them was there, I guess.

This video? I HOPE they don't fix SOME of those. Like I said, things like the alley oop block prevents people from cheesing alley-oops. And makes double-team actually useful. The RL impact of doubles is that you restrict the vision of the ballhandler. But in the game, he has God-view and a LOT of what makes them effective is killed. So, they chuck the pass. If they "fix" some of these, the impact would not necessarily be good overall.

But I hear what you're saying.
At least for me personally, it doesn't really bother me that alley oops can be defended or double teams cause turnover, it is the actual way that scenario plays via some pretty impossible looking animations that rubs me the wrong way.

Alley oop slapped or snatched as it comes out of the passers hand? Sure.

Ball deflected away as it is reaching the alley oop finisher?Sure.

Poorly thought out passes grabbed or knocked away by help defenders on a double? I could deal with that too.

Random players with a magical Dwight Howard 13 foot vertical leap to smack the ball at the apex? Not so much.

Clean pass out of the double team to a teammate 7 feet away with clear passing lane inexplicably flies 10 feet over his head due to the most unlikely pass selection possible? Not so much either.

Obviously there should be defensive techniques to prevent certain plays from happening,just as there is in real basketball; I would simply much prefer if it happened in a more realistic looking fashion.
Old 06-21-2015, 05:09 PM   #30
Rookie

it's funny because it's true
Old 06-21-2015, 05:18 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 15

They should have included how if you get double teamed, the person who should be open sprints to the paint to ensure that you have nobody to pass to
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2015, 05:49 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan2
They should have included how if you get double teamed, the person who should be open sprints to the paint to ensure that you have nobody to pass to
Or when they stand wide open at the arc and ask for the ball, then immediately cut behind 2 defenders as soon as you pass it , causing a turnover.

Also when a bad pass clearly bounces off of other people before going out of bounds yet the game still calls it out on you lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »