Home

2k is in the perfect position to teach ball!

This is a discussion on 2k is in the perfect position to teach ball! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2015, 11:03 AM   #9
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2k is in the perfect position to teach ball!

Perfect example

Old 07-07-2015, 11:42 AM   #10
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

If it's any consolation, I recall Da_Czar posting this back last year when those freelance offense vids were coming out:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunN1st
Da_Czar - Keep it the awesome work, sir! You are adding that extra sauce to the already great recipe. Would love this game to get to the point where I can tell the kids I coach to go home and play NBA2K and run X play over and over again and apply it in our practices.
Ultimately that is my secret goal fam. We have a long way to go but I am right there with you.
So I think we're headed in this direction as long as Czar is onboard.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 07-07-2015, 12:21 PM   #11
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
The sad thing is, a lot of novice 2K players go on youtube and learn how to do the cheesy stuff...

How to zig zag, what stepback to use, what shot's the fastest, what dribble moves are OP...etc.
Those vids get 100's of thousands of views, so really people who know nothing about the GAME of basketball are beating us in a game OF basketball...weird how that works.

Maybe if there was a tutorial or practice mode that showed advanced techniques on how to execute a good offense that played before you even started the game it would get more people playing different...or maybe not...who knows.

Most players are going to take the path of least resistance. If they can have great success and win using methods that require minimal mental acuity, then that is what they are going to do. So yeah, it would be great for the game to have a robust teaching tutorial, but it would get very little use if wigging the stick around and getting perfect releases brings the best results.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2015, 01:01 PM   #12
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook

These are great introductions to play calling and the basics of some offensive sets.

Da_Czar has said he basically doesn't have the time he wishes he had to do more videos, or even in game tutorials. He has said on #simnation hangouts that any time he puts into the videos is time taken away from gameplay design for the plays. So his priority has been to put the time in to game improvements.

That said, these videos are exactly the kind of thing we need a lot more of. If I hear Czar right, he's really pushing for more community content like this to help fill in the tutorial gap, and to help teach casuals basketball 101.

That accomplishes two things:

First, it helps build the demand for sim players of the game. If people know and can learn how to play more sim from the videos, more people will do it.

Second, it shows the higher ups at 2k that there is real interest in sim style play, so they can keep investing in sim style game play design and implementation. If we want to see more of that FIFA like action in 2k, sim players with video skills can really step in and help the process.

After all, that's how Czar got to be in a position to do game design, by spending literally years building up his content and following. But it does take time and persistence. If more than one person is doing this stuff, then no opne person has to be so persistent and carry all the load.

I wish I had the time and vid skills, or even sufficient basketball knowledge, to pitch in, but I don't. Props to the makers of these vids, though.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:27 PM   #13
Pro

YungGun's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
The sad thing is, a lot of novice 2K players go on youtube and learn how to do the cheesy stuff...

How to zig zag, what stepback to use, what shot's the fastest, what dribble moves are OP...etc.
Those vids get 100's of thousands of views, so really people who know nothing about the GAME of basketball are beating us in a game OF basketball...weird how that works.
I wish 2K would just take down the videos like that. It would make the game so much better online.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:31 PM   #14
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

This is probably why you have Bballbreakdown doing these videos now. He's been talking to Czar a bit on twitter about it.

He said he'll be doing them all summer and throughout NBA 2k16 as well.

Like I said there is no excuse as to NOT know how to play. Its out there for you, but if you really dont care, you just dont care.

Id still love that Live 09 practice facility though, especially as apart of training camp or something in my league

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »