Home

Safe to say that if auto save is still present

This is a discussion on Safe to say that if auto save is still present within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2015, 04:27 PM   #1
Rookie

JohnnyCash2015's Arena

OVR: 0
Safe to say that if auto save is still present

Safe to say that if auto save is still present in offline modes, like MY League, we will never be able to manually save again. Correct?

The community has complained about this for maybe 3 years now? So I think it's probably safe to say that if once again we have no control of when we want to save in My league, etc. that we have been heard and they will not change it or provide clarity for whatever reason.

Does anyone think we will be able to manage our saves in my league this time around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2015, 06:17 AM   #2
Rookie

flo182's Arena

Re: Safe to say that if auto save is still present

Push!

This is really an important topic. It's a shame that we're not allowed to have control over our own offline savegames in the year 2015...
A feature that's been in games since the mid 1990s??? and some idiot thinks we dont need this anymore? come one!
Old 07-10-2015, 01:05 PM   #3
Rookie

I don't like having the temptation there personally...

Sports video games are much better when it's got that "Do or Die" mentality of real action.

I actually lost 15+ hours of a MyLeague (4 years in) last week when Kevin Durant went unsigned after free agency. Originally he wanted 21 mil. Then after he went unsigned, it said he wanted like 5.5 mil. I'm 3 mil over and most of the league is too, except 1-2 teams. So I dump some cap room (and talented players) to get the necessary 5 mil.

Well right after I make the trades (didnt simulate any days), I go back to KD and now he wants 23 mil. Damn I keep going back in and it keeps saying 23 mil. So I simulate 1 day and of course the blazers (who had no cap room... I kinda forget to investigate if/how they cleared the room) signed him for 6 mil.

Honestly it was stupid that KD was available... but it was still before the season. And my team wouldve been a shoe-in to win the championship... so yea I'm probably not going back into that MyLeague file. Back to myteam

Can you give me some reasons why you want this Manual save feature?? I could see you wanting to try 2-3 scenarios once your 5 years into a franchise... but to make sure you win that championship in simulation? That's a crutch!
Old 07-10-2015, 01:09 PM   #4
Rookie

JohnnyCash2015's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkin_bout_prac
I don't like having the temptation there personally...

Sports video games are much better when it's got that "Do or Die" mentality of real action.

I actually lost 15+ hours of a MyLeague (4 years in) last week when Kevin Durant went unsigned after free agency. Originally he wanted 21 mil. Then after he went unsigned, it said he wanted like 5.5 mil. I'm 3 mil over and most of the league is too, except 1-2 teams. So I dump some cap room (and talented players) to get the necessary 5 mil.

Well right after I make the trades (didnt simulate any days), I go back to KD and now he wants 23 mil. Damn I keep going back in and it keeps saying 23 mil. So I simulate 1 day and of course the blazers (who had no cap room... I kinda forget to investigate if/how they cleared the room) signed him for 6 mil.

Honestly it was stupid that KD was available... but it was still before the season. And my team wouldve been a shoe-in to win the championship... so yea I'm probably not going back into that MyLeague file. Back to myteam

Can you give me some reasons why you want this Manual save feature?? I could see you wanting to try 2-3 scenarios once your 5 years into a franchise... but to make sure you win that championship in simulation? That's a crutch!

Sometimes you do a trade and then you realize you could have gotten X player using less resources. Or you do a trade and start using the player and find out that he's not very fun to use or very good.

I also like to play out potential free agency scenarios months ahead of time.

To see how players progress in the future, etc.

Those have been my main uses over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »