Home

NBA 2K: Let's Talk About Some NBA 2K Audio Issues

This is a discussion on NBA 2K: Let's Talk About Some NBA 2K Audio Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2015, 09:09 PM   #25
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA 2K: Let's Talk About Some NBA 2K Audio Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuwopGeezus
Also, the rims sound a little different in each arena (as I believe was mentioned in the article). MSG and Dallas come to mind as a couple that are really distinct. This is probably asking way too much right now but I'd like to get to the point where they capture rim sounds for different shot/dunk makes and misses in each arena. Or at least enough arenas where there is more variety
I dont think its too much. This area has not been touched at all.

We have signature dribbling
Signature shots
Team specific plays

But shooting a jumper dunking and the overall atmosphere still sounds like its in progress of being converted over from ps3.

I'm not bad mouthing I'm nuat saying you'd be surprised what a difference it makes.

I currently am using the fantastic UBR from 2k14 Pc with those modded sounds and it feels so much better when you hit a man coming off of a curl, and hear the ball hit the back of the rim with the thump noise rather than the net sounding like tissue paper....as 24th and Wisports mentioned above.

When you watch a game things that matter are

Crowd
Players
Announcers
Arena chant music
And man when you are watching an intense game and say Kobe hits a crucial jumper and you hear the net wick.....you feel it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2015, 10:57 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blippity
New comer here, but a lurker for about a year!

Every year I seem to complain mostly about the sound, mainly the crowds.

But firstly, I feel for digital Doris. Every half time/post game interview, I have to turn down the crowd volume from 60 to about 5-10 because I cannot hear her or the players. It's annoying how it's not just once or twice, but EVERY single time. I hear those weird sounds when Doris talks too. I had to pause the game the first time thinking "What's that high pitched sound?" thinking it was coming from home. Nope, it went when it paused it.

My main issue is the crowd is useless. There is no natural flow to their reactions and it's annoying. My top 3 actual NBA game moments featuring crowds are:

1) Mavs vs Spurs, when Vince Carter nails a 3pt dagger over Manu Ginobli to tie the conference series 2-2 in 2014. Dead silence in anticipation for in-bound pass and the eruption (and goosebumps!) as the shot goes in.

2) Same year, different series as Damian Lillard does the same over the Rockets in Game 6 (I think).

3) I think it was game 5 in the Spurs win over the Heat. About 2nd or 3rd quarter, the Spurs were behind about 45-52 or something, when they go on a huge run through Leonard and Ginobli. Every bucket saw the crowd grow stronger and more excited as they cut down the lead and overtook the Heat. Each bucket past the Heats score, until a time-out was called, elevated the players and the crowd went nuts.

I am yet to experience anything exciting as these plays in 2k. Even when home teams are shooting FTs, there is still a roar not a hush. I often have the crowd volume low as I find it irritating.
Exactly. Sometimes I might be making a big run to pull ahead of the other team in the middle of the fourth quarter, stealing the ball from the opponent and slamming it down on the fastbreak, but since it's not the last 2 minutes of the game the crowd doesn't seem to care. That's definitely a major issue in terms of audio in 2K.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:59 AM   #27
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

I just hate hearing net sounds on layups and dunks

#Anal
Old 07-13-2015, 12:45 PM   #28
yellow

23's Arena

I'd like to throw in that the arena chants are great, just wish they were louder and more frequent.

Still the best commentary team out there, and we cant make the announcers scream and holler when big plays happen or throw out catchphrases. Im sure its odd and hard to do after seeing it all in real life anyway.

..That crwod though...thye have total control over that, and it should be big deal....like i said there are too many times now where you'll hit a shot and they just sit down lol.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:36 PM   #29
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

Bump... I Always put the crowd volume on max, just to get something resembling decent auto
Old 08-21-2015, 12:47 PM   #30
yellow

23's Arena

Its sad though man.. even though this is last year, its not much better

HOLLOW Cylinder

Old 08-21-2015, 12:54 PM   #31
Pro

Same sounds since the 1st 2K.

Same ball bouncing sound. Same shoe screech. Same dunk sounds.
Same rim sounds. Slight changes here & there but overall it's pretty bad.

I hate dunking cuz it doesn't sound like a dunk. And 3s that swish don't even sound like real nets. Hopefully they changed it but I won't hold my breath.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2015, 01:07 PM   #32
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

The sound of dunks irks me probably the most. I find I lay the ball up in the game because I just don't enjoy the dunks. Firstly the sound is just god awful and then the rim and backboard shaking violently no matter who dunks it.

I want more touch dunks, less rim and backboard shakes on dunks as a result and that god awful garbage disposal sound gone.....this would make dunking NICE and elevate the enjoyment level of dunks for me personally.

23 had a nice example of how the Garden would not just go silent after a Reggie 3. I didn't really think about this, but this example really highlights it.

Last point, the hollow rim sound on misses and makes. Strange noise, not sure how it ever made it's way into a basketball game but yeah.....

Here's hoping that when we see some 2K16 gameplay that our prayers have been answered.....hearing these dreaded noises again and knowing it's going to be another year of it is somewhat draining.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »