Home

Any hope for new injury animations this year?

This is a discussion on Any hope for new injury animations this year? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2015, 07:40 PM   #9
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Any hope for new injury animations this year?

I think there's a lot of animations that would be great to trigger injuries, but they just don't.

Wouldn't it be awesome if this animation HERE caused an ankle injury?

Great animation for an Ankle injury by shadymikegaming
Old 07-17-2015, 11:47 PM   #10
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Again here, clean up this animation (get rid of some of the warping) and you have a great opportunity for a rolled ankle, a high ankle sprain, or an ACL/MCL strain / sprained knee etc...then you can add a variant of the animation where he collides directly with the knee that could be a torn ACL animation...

Good animation for a knee / ankle injury by shadymikegaming
Old 07-19-2015, 01:38 AM   #11
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Yeah it b nice to see real time injuries added in with the right animations for the injuries that happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2015, 07:57 AM   #12
Rookie

One of my favorite injury animations ever was 2K9 or so when a friend and I switched our favorite teams and he was the Lakers, I was the Cavs. I forgot exactly what caused it but it could have been a charge attempt or a screen. Either way, Kobe ran into Lebron and fell to the ground within the first minutes of the first quarter and had some type of rib injury that kept him out for the entire rest of the game.

Just the idea that Kobe ran into the stronger Lebron and took a bad hit that lead to that was so realistic and added a storyline to the game. Nowadays you just look at the injury that makes no sense (outside of a leg injury) and it's more frustrating than a story to add to the game.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:57 AM   #13
Rookie

BoxyCougar's Arena

OVR: 2

The most realistic injury I experienced was when I was playing MyTeam just a few months ago where my Maravich was pushed from behind going for a layup and he hit the stanchion and broke his arm.
Old 07-19-2015, 12:15 PM   #14
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

I remember playing 2k10 or 2k11 and my MyPlayer got hit on a jumper and fell awkwardly on his back, nothing hard to cause a break or anything, just kind of a twisting motion and missed some time due to back spasms. I also remember a few times in my association guys dislocating shoulders, breaking arms, wrists, hands etc diving into the scorers table, the stanchion, even some areas of the crowd for loose balls. It'd be nice see that make a return.
Old 07-19-2015, 01:21 PM   #15
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Any hope for new injury animations this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
I remember playing 2k10 or 2k11 and my MyPlayer got hit on a jumper and fell awkwardly on his back, nothing hard to cause a break or anything, just kind of a twisting motion and missed some time due to back spasms. I also remember a few times in my association guys dislocating shoulders, breaking arms, wrists, hands etc diving into the scorers table, the stanchion, even some areas of the crowd for loose balls. It'd be nice see that make a return.

Yep. Believe in 2K10 you used to get injured sometimes taking charges as well lol. They also had injury animations when you were playing hurt which I don't believe is in 15. Now, you sometimes don't know a player is hurt until the game is over lol. That's one thing that bugs me when such little things like that are removed.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 07-19-2015 at 01:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2015, 01:32 PM   #16
Rookie

JohnnyCash2015's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Yep. Believe in 2K10 you used to get injured sometimes taking charges as well lol. They also had injury animations when you were playing hurt which I don't believe is in 15. That's one thing that bugs me when such little things like that are removed.

Yes, 2k15 doesn't have "soft" in game injures, every injury means the player is done for the game.

It's petty ridiculous how bad things have gotten in this area

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »