Home

So lets Talk about about how we can improve Online Leagues in 2k16

This is a discussion on So lets Talk about about how we can improve Online Leagues in 2k16 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2015, 12:27 AM   #1
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0
So lets Talk about about how we can improve Online Leagues in 2k16

* YES I KNOW THERE A HUGE TOPIC ALREADY BUT THATS ABOUT 15*

So i noticed that in the last 2 games on next gen, people who play online Association or leagues have been on the back burner for the other modes and i wondered why do they get all the attention while a mode for online heads to get their league fixes, isnt being noticed. i remember when 2k13 OA news was a BIG thing. What the hell happened since then?

the Current league structure is a joke so im making this topic so hopefully the OA community can all put what they want and be heard WITHOUT going into other threads and getting themselves banned.

here are my recommendations

START A LEAGUE WITHOUT IT BEING FULL

Why do we have to wait for the whole league to be filled up before we can start it. THIS WASNT IN 13. We could get a lot more leagues going if it wasnt for this system

ADD a FANTASY DRAFT

again another feature that was in 2k13 thats magically vanished. how can every other game have a online league with a DRAFT but the "NUMBER 1 sport RATED gamed" comon 2k. it always isnt fun playing with scrubs who run to the top tier teams for a crutch. and it adds more fun building a team from the bottom up

BETTER ROSTER MANAGEMENT

this right here was probably the most annoying thing out there. idk if i havent found the setting or option, but i noticed i cant set a starting line up, or my rotations or set mins. like why do we have to do this MID GAME instead of just doing it from the start of the league and make adjustments when needed.

but nope it gets worse, WE have no Free agency so we cant sign players mid season, and we have no salary cap. which means all hell can break loose when it comes time to trade.

pretty much what im saying is, why are the BASIC ROSTER CONTROLS STRIPPED FROM THIS MODE? BRING THEM BACK

FIX THE TRADING SYSTEM

this deserved its own bullet. this can be LEAGUE BREAKING once 2 people decide its time to "ROCK THE LEAGUE" . why is the VETO SYSTEM NON- EXISTANT. in 2k13 IIRC you had 2 options, the Admin had final say on all trades and could "Basketball reasons" any trade he felt unfit. OR the whole league voted on it. why are both options not in this game. combine with the lack of a salary cap this can end REAL BAD, REAL FAST. here are some of the trades i had to watch happen,

Kobe for Courtney Lee Straight up. Word?
Kyrie/Love for HArden and Howard. (there were some more things here and the end result was literally the cavs and the rockets switching conferences)

the last trade is a PRIME REASON alone why we need a veto system.

IMPROVE THE STAT TRACKING

there is no reason why in a 20 mins game, score are coming out 202-198, or 215-14 or 14-17. there is also no STAT LEADERS, Award winners, nor a RELIABLE Standings system.

how was this, probably the easiest of all things Messed up.

USER MANAGEMENT

why is it that when someone leaves the league, we are stuck with a [USER QUIT] instead of a option to REINVITE if not him someone else to fill the void. cause now we are stuck with a Dead useless space that we cant do nothing with. Trade, Play or etc.

We need the power to Invite people to the league to fill empty spaces.

these are my complaints that i hope are addressed in the future in 16. i would hate to think that we are going to get 3 next gen 2ks with a broken league. please 2k fix this game mode back to its former glory cause right now its a true embarrassment.

but to go over things again,

- Make us be able to Start Leagues without it being full.
- Make us be able to use fantasy drafts. to build teams
- IMPROVE the Stat tracking
- Give us the Roster management of MyLeague or MYGM.
- FIx the Trade system
- Add a salary cap
- Fix the USER Management system

and a bonus one i just came up with

ADD A OFFSEASON WHERE WE CAN CONTINUE OUR LEAGUES. we need drafts and a training camp and retirements and what not.

all these were in older 2ks and are in other sports games. why is it not in 2k14/15 and maybe 16. i hope us OA people dont get left in the dust again for the park/MT and offline players. we might not be the most popular group but we still are here.

thanks in advance and i hope this can get some attention from the community or 2k themselves. just let us know we arent forgotten
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2015, 12:56 AM   #2
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Re: So lets Talk about about how we can improve Online Leagues in 2k16

excellent post but you months late bro. I and my league guys been fighting the good fight since 2k15 released. Game releases in 73 days. They are in the polishing phase now.
Old 07-13-2015, 02:29 AM   #3
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
excellent post but you months late bro. I and my league guys been fighting the good fight since 2k15 released. Game releases in 73 days. They are in the polishing phase now.
i was thinking this too. but at this point im just hoping 2k didnt sleep on the OA peeps again. i mean even if its too late, i seen other game companies release FULL modes after release. i dont see why 2k can work on this then release it as a update later on.

and as said in the other topic, not to give 2k ideas, but if money is a issuse (hence why park/MT seems to be on top) then add a small charge to it. im sure that should make money for 2k

its really just embarrassing that 2k13 OA has thing that we cant even get on NEXT GEN
Old 07-13-2015, 01:45 PM   #4
Banned

Let us add as few or as many CPU teams as we wish.

Let us choose number of divisions and set what teams are in each division.

Let us set rotations, it's frustrating to set rotations for everyone and then start the league and thee lineups are just set based on overall.

Make games register, it's a pain to track stats outside of the game because most games don't stick. Let us view league leaders and sort by the different statistics.

Let us make uneven trades, why does every trade have to be 1 for 1, 2 for 2, or 3 for 3.
Old 07-13-2015, 02:03 PM   #5
Rookie

i hope they dont blow this for 2k16

just give us a GLITCH FREE version of 2k13's online association and i'd be happy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2015, 03:13 PM   #6
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

It was a complete joke last year...like, almost pointless to even put it in the game.

Fantasy drafts have been around forever...

Set lineups..like really lol

Let me play with one other friend and 28 computer teams? That's easy.

-Allen Iverson
Old 07-14-2015, 10:59 AM   #7
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
Let us add as few or as many CPU teams as we wish.

Let us choose number of divisions and set what teams are in each division.

Let us set rotations, it's frustrating to set rotations for everyone and then start the league and thee lineups are just set based on overall.

Make games register, it's a pain to track stats outside of the game because most games don't stick. Let us view league leaders and sort by the different statistics.

Let us make uneven trades, why does every trade have to be 1 for 1, 2 for 2, or 3 for 3.
Yea. That's one I missed. Why can't we add ai teams so if no one is on we can still do something. In the league that's now ending so many users just stopped playing for whatever reason.

And making conferences would be fun as well. Great additions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GollyImGully
i hope they dont blow this for 2k16

just give us a GLITCH FREE version of 2k13's online association and i'd be happy
We can only pray lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
It was a complete joke last year...like, almost pointless to even put it in the game.

Fantasy drafts have been around forever...

Set lineups..like really lol

Let me play with one other friend and 28 computer teams? That's easy.
It's amazing how 2k can get a pass on blowing and killing a game mode that was just fine the years before. Let this be year 3 and no one will be able to defend that. It's sad how we can't get basic OA things.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:30 AM   #8
MVP

jk31's Arena

Thing is, most things you demand have been in the game in 2k11....

Just reimplenent all the things we had in 2k11 and it will be fine...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »