Home

Sim Basketball Showcase + Pushing 2K towards saving Online Association

This is a discussion on Sim Basketball Showcase + Pushing 2K towards saving Online Association within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2015, 06:58 AM   #41
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Sim Basketball Showcase + Pushing 2K towards saving Online Association

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
Yea coach we were until 2k15 strict on 100% on-ball D but, at the end of 2k14 i started some more of ranked games to realize that on-ball or off-ball d is only about spacing and fast recovery on defense so back then i decided seeing that 2k15 will have better spacing (not so much yet better) and less fast recovery, why don't we go for a more mixed way of defending and it did definitely helped improving players defense and also the general flow, as i nearly play 95% of the time on-ball i may need sometimes (just sometimes) to really surprise my opponent and change the flow of the game at things that the opponent uses on offense frequently, it's a chess game as long as it depends real strategy both on offense and defense. So i'm all aggreeing with you on that philosophy. And i defeinitely believe that as the spacing and fast recovery gets better hopfully in 2k16 (much better) we won't have that on-ball or offball d is sim or not conversations. It'll be a thing of past. Fingers crossed, as the basketball on court is a 5 man game, and we all know the defensive strategies of Phil Jackson used on Lakers back in time and stuff like Thibodeau did on Bulls were never precisely be done in 2k with only onball-d.

We're on PS4 Sam.

Great post. To me basketball is 5 v 5 not 1 v 1. 100 percent onball focuses to much on the 1 v 1 matchup for me. But, i have no problem with other leagues having that rule. Its a preference thing. No right or wrong answer. I am a 90-10 guy myself.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2015, 02:35 PM   #42
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

EDIT: Put the wrong vid there at first and corrected it!

Sam did a really great job above recapping that game.

RedStickGamer who used the Pelicans also put together a recap of the game as well. I wanted to post it here so you can hear his thoughts as the game plays out and what he was thinking during it.

Really nice job on his recap too and also a GREAT game!

https://youtu.be/xpK2OkBWvaI

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 07-17-2015 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:49 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

http://www.five-bundesliga.de/wbb31/

hi everyone, to show our support. we are a big league in germany.
30 gms. 10 mins and two seasons a year. we are having a draft where we take teams and after that fa phase and trades. winter league is full mode and the summer league is always shorter.

passionate guys, sim basketball as good as it gets. game has it flaws sadly. the best was 2k11. but we will stay supportive. use several tools for keeping stats and records. 2k must see that this is a good way to promote the nba series. casual gaming is important and should be fun. but for me a great experience is a playable and extensive online league mode. let's hope that 2k will do a bette job this year.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:51 PM   #44
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Excellent stuff guys.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:17 PM   #45
MVP

jk31's Arena

Keep it up guys! I hope 2k will recognize, that there IS the need for a working online league/association or whatever they want to call it.

I am long time member of 2 german PC leagues. I started there with NBA 2k11, but both are existing much, much longer (since the old NBA live days).

We play several seasons every 2k title (2 in the one league, 3 in the other). 29 games, 10 minute quarters and normally superstar/sim or hall of fame/sim settings.

We have gameplay rules there, but recently we try to loosen it a bit, and many members play without rules (but most still try to play real basketball there, which sometimes is not possible if rules are supressing you).

What makes us special is the managing part! We have our own rulesets similar to the CBA of the real NBA. Before each season we always do free agencys and once a year is a rookie draft. We try to simulate not just the coaching part of basketball, but also the managing part, which is much fun! Some guys over there manage their teams for years now. They drafted guys like Kevin Durant and watched them develop over the years until they became superstars.

Sadly, 2k makes it really hard for us to do what we want, but i think we manage really good. We also track our stats. Everyone has a google statssheet where he archives his stats for every player from every game. We get a big stats database in the end, which I find pretty awesome.

Come have a look if you feel interested:

http://www.mydyne.de/board
http://www.united-ballers.com/forum
Statsleaders UBL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2015, 05:58 AM   #46
Rookie

@schnakenpopanz, @jk31, I wish I could join your league(s). Sadly I don't know any German except for a few, life saving words like "Ich möchte köfte" (sorry that's like one of the first things I learned during the beginners course I took many years ago!)

I never played in a Sim League, but I consider myself a Sim oriented player...

Here is my most recent game against the HoF CPU (Sim) for those that are interested. Spurs vs Cavs, me being the Spurs of course!

Edit: Oh, I play on Steam... So probably it wouldn't work anyway, assuming you guys all play on PS4...

Last edited by PandaPower2k; 07-22-2015 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:36 AM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
EDIT: Put the wrong vid there at first and corrected it!

Sam did a really great job above recapping that game.

RedStickGamer who used the Pelicans also put together a recap of the game as well. I wanted to post it here so you can hear his thoughts as the game plays out and what he was thinking during it.

Really nice job on his recap too and also a GREAT game!

https://youtu.be/xpK2OkBWvaI

Wow, great game... I loved that buzzer beater! Well deserved!
Old 07-22-2015, 11:09 AM   #48
Banned

GL in the league i am thinking about getting the PS4 version as well to join one of you guys league. Not many aside from my normal few play on xbox

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »