Home

Any ideas for training in myleague(non mygm)?

This is a discussion on Any ideas for training in myleague(non mygm)? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2015, 07:19 PM   #1
Rookie

nip83's Arena

OVR: 2
Any ideas for training in myleague(non mygm)?

So far it's being established that to train in a specific player type is preferable to train individual attributes.

However i find it extremely difficult to raise attributes for bigmen like 3pt shooting and passing even when i use pf/c outside shooting/playmaking types.

I've also experimented with the sf types for non traditional bigs but all of their other ratings fall drastically this way.

Has anyone found out a way to train more effectively unconventional attributes(even low post scoring in guards) without assigning an unorthodox player type(e.g. guard type for a bigman)?

Iam strictly focusing on myleague cause in mygm all the training and potential badges usually create a superteam out of role players pretty fast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2015, 07:37 PM   #2
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13
Re: Any ideas for training in myleague(non mygm)?

Attributes that are very low will be hard to develop. There's a sweet spot for each attribute that makes it the most likely to develop fast. You can't expect a 40 to grow at the same pace a 70 would, for example.

Regarding MyGM, you can always disable/unequip the MyGM upgrades you feel are giving you too much of an advantage/helping you cheat through the MyGM Upgrades menu.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 07-15-2015, 07:40 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Attributes that are very low will be hard to develop. There's a sweet spot for each attribute that makes it the most likely to develop fast. You can't expect a 40 to grow at the same pace a 70 would, for example.

Regarding MyGM, you can always disable/unequip the MyGM upgrades you feel are giving you too much of an advantage/helping you cheat through the MyGM Upgrades menu.
Any chance we would be given a Guide on those Sweet Spots for Each Attribute for 2k16? Or could we get it for 2k15, so we would use it as a Guide for 2k16? Thanks in advance.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 07-16-2015, 06:17 AM   #4
Rookie

nip83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos

However,unconventional attributes like passing for bigmen, have different scales than smaller guards/forwards.E.g. the best passing bigman Marc Gasol, has a 60 passing accuracy.I wouldn't want this to go to a 99 by training but progress every year by a point or 2(or stay the same) instead of losing points in the offseason due to age.

An all-around player like Anthony Davis who has passing in the 40s shouldnt stay the same every year if i put him in pf-playmaking,but realistically progress to 44-45 after a couple of seasons.

In the real world, we have seen bigmen that developed their sense of court awareness(passing vision) and accuracy.Big Al Jefferson 3 years ago, was a guy that couldn't pass out of a double team and guys like Enes Kanter and Ibaka developed an outside shot that was not there in their first seasons(only the 15 foot jumper).
Old 07-17-2015, 06:01 AM   #5
Rookie

theman824's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nip83
However,unconventional attributes like passing for bigmen, have different scales than smaller guards/forwards.E.g. the best passing bigman Marc Gasol, has a 60 passing accuracy.I wouldn't want this to go to a 99 by training but progress every year by a point or 2(or stay the same) instead of losing points in the offseason due to age.

An all-around player like Anthony Davis who has passing in the 40s shouldnt stay the same every year if i put him in pf-playmaking,but realistically progress to 44-45 after a couple of seasons.

In the real world, we have seen bigmen that developed their sense of court awareness(passing vision) and accuracy.Big Al Jefferson 3 years ago, was a guy that couldn't pass out of a double team and guys like Enes Kanter and Ibaka developed an outside shot that was not there in their first seasons(only the 15 foot jumper).

i totally agree. if we're only able to send 3 guys to training camp in the off-season, the in-season-training in myleague needs to be revisited for nba2k16. (the real problem is actually beeing only able to improve 3 guys in the off-season.)

something else: you make it sound like we're able to assign a player a certain player type, like "SF - Athletic" or "C - Rebounding". I couldn't find this anywhere. I thought in 2k15 these player types were derived from the attributes, so by training certain attributes you might be able to shift a guy from one player type to another over time, but can't just assign a different player type.

or did i not get this right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2015, 06:04 AM   #6
Rookie

nip83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman824
i totally agree. if we're only able to send 3 guys to training camp in the off-season, the in-season-training in myleague needs to be revisited for nba2k16. (the real problem is actually beeing only able to improve 3 guys in the off-season.)

something else: you make it sound like we're able to assign a player a certain player type, like "SF - Athletic" or "C - Rebounding". I couldn't find this anywhere. I thought in 2k15 these player types were derived from the attributes, so by training certain attributes you might be able to shift a guy from one player type to another over time, but can't just assign a different player type.

or did i not get this right?
On the Player training menu you select player and on the sub menus(physical-tactical and fundamental) you hit y or triangle(the post up button) to select player type and position.
Old 07-17-2015, 06:57 AM   #7
Rookie

theman824's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
On the Player training menu you select player and on the sub menus(physical-tactical and fundamental) you hit y or triangle(the post up button) to select player type and position.

how did i not know this?? lol
thank you
Old 07-17-2015, 11:54 AM   #8
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

Quote:

That's some feedback to take into consideration. Thanks.
Novato, CA, USA

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »