Home

NBA 2K16 Will NOT be at Gamescom

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Will NOT be at Gamescom within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 09:03 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Will be at Gamescom

Let's be real. The game is never going to be perfect. There will always be flaws. Whether it's details missing on the court or on sneakers etc or cheesy exploits and the odd glitch or canned animations. There will always be something.

And yet despite this 2k do improve on a year to year basis more consistently than any other sports game imo. They clearly listen to the fans. And I don't think they get enough credit for appeasing all the niche little markets they have, you've got #SimNation with their quest for real life basketball (or as close to it as possible) and love of the offline modes like MyLeague. The casual fans and their love of online modes like the Park and Rec. The completionists and their desperation to have more depth to MyTeam and such. Obviously the casual fans who just want to run around dunking. The RPG sports gamers who want some story mode or MyGM stuff.

Finding the balance between keeping the game accessible and fun to newcomers and casual fans (which is by far where the majority of their profit comes from), while also making it realistic enough that it appeals to the hardcore market. It can't be an easy thing to do. Some times I think they just need to pick one or the other but at the end of the day they're a business and if they were to choose one side they would lean to the casual side.

Let's face it. If you didn't like the product they put out each year you wouldn't still be here discussing it. If you're talking about it they must be doing something right.

Every year people whine and complain and every year they get shut down by 2k when they pull something out of the hat. And outside of some cheesy animations online and the 7ft exploits on park, there's nothing "game breaking". Sure there's stuff they can improve on but that's the same every year.

The only real qualms I have are;

- Cheesy exploits ruining the online experience.
- Servers at launch. You know 5million+ buy your game every year. Be ready for it.
- Micro transactions.

Everything else has already been addressed (I wanted more customisation) or arent really complaints, just suggestions for improvement.

It's a business. If there's a demand for something (whether it's team relocation in mygm/league or the freelance offense stuff) do you really think they wouldn't try and make it happen? It's called supply and demand. If the time, man power and cost aren't greater than the profit they would make why would they ignore it?

They need you to keep buying their product. Their livelihood depends on it. They're not trolling you or deliberately taking things out just to put them back in again to piss you off for five years.

Get a grip and stop acting like spoiled little kids.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:15 AM   #34
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I hope defense can be much improved . faster reactions , less getting stuck or frozen in an animation , toning down of the baseline drive animations , not getting this overdone animation for reaching at the ball, better ball tracking on lose or 50-50 balls , lowered success of alleys , less dunks in traffic , less paint passing through traffic , lowered contested shot success , less fouls on hands up , more foul calls on hard fouls , removal of the rebound cheese , dribbling effectiveness toned down a tad , no more 7ft point guards , no more shot meter , better servers ,

Sorry I had to let it out somewhere lol
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-02-2015, 10:01 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I hope defense can be much improved . faster reactions , less getting stuck or frozen in an animation , toning down of the baseline drive animations , not getting this overdone animation for reaching at the ball, better ball tracking on lose or 50-50 balls , lowered success of alleys , less dunks in traffic , less paint passing through traffic , lowered contested shot success , less fouls on hands up , more foul calls on hard fouls , removal of the rebound cheese , dribbling effectiveness toned down a tad , no more 7ft point guards , no more shot meter , better servers ,

I doubt all of these things will be fixed but Im confident most will be. I see no reason why they wouldn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2015, 08:12 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88

it needs to be toned down more than a tad. players should actually lose the ball after doing multiple moves, poor dribblers should pick up their dribbles or turn to a full defensive dribble position, and contextual dribble animations for traffic ( no cannimations).
Old 08-02-2015, 09:12 PM   #37
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Players who couldn't dribble used to just straight up collapse if they dribbled too much or were pressured in the older versions of 2k....(2k8 and below I think)

I HATED it....but we probably need a version of it back...keep it somewhere in the middle...
Old 08-02-2015, 09:24 PM   #38
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

That, and the bobbled passes from 2k7 I think. Everybody had butter hands out there, lol.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:28 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 4

How about the dribbling off body parts in 2K12. Man I hated it, but I can understand why it was in the game.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:30 PM   #40
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Players who couldn't dribble used to just straight up collapse if they dribbled too much or were pressured in the older versions of 2k....(2k8 and below I think)

I HATED it....but we probably need a version of it back...keep it somewhere in the middle...
As in Live 10 then 2k11 they would lose the ball dribbling into traffic but I don't think it was done too well... I dont like the picking up the ball option honestly.

Dribbling alot though....

#1 it should tire you out as in real life, which leads to slower dribbling, prone to mistakes and,

#2 just a ton of stationary dribbling should increase the chance of getting stripped doubled or cause a break down in the offense similar to how you break freelance if you don't pass the ball within 2 seconds.

#3 back to #1 it should affect your shot. Only the best of those can do that stuff, and even then they dont always do it... would definitely make you think about moving the ball more for good shots.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »