Home

Instagram [2K] "To understand where you’re going, you must first take a look at..."

This is a discussion on Instagram [2K] "To understand where you’re going, you must first take a look at..." within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2015, 03:51 PM   #9
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Instagram [2K] "To understand where you’re going, you must first take a look at..

High School and College Integration would be pretty slick. I know we're getting some sort of College integration, but playing through the High School scene would be pretty nice. I'm not banking on it though.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:05 PM   #10
MVP

Jumpman14's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Instagram [2K] "To understand where you’re going, you must first take a look at..

They just posted another one
Old 07-29-2015, 12:39 AM   #11
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

2K's marketing with the constant teasers only to actually start revealing stuff the last three weeks before the game drops in the last few years is abysmal man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2015, 02:10 AM   #12
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

My hope is that:
  • High school is where you chose your basics (position, play-style)
  • College is where you start developing your attributes (higher if you stay multiple years)
  • Draft/Off-season is where you chose to play (hopefully no restrictions here)
  • Summer Camp is where you establish your roster position and role on your team.
I'm setting myself up for crushed hopes, I know.
Old 07-29-2015, 02:20 AM   #13
Rookie

Schiltzenberger's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
2K's marketing with the constant teasers only to actually start revealing stuff the last three weeks before the game drops in the last few years is abysmal man.
2ks marketing is brilliant.
I want to know more about the game, you want to know more as well.... so does everyone. We are online clicking and searching, talking, speculating etc... waiting for more info. The marketing is pretty much perfect.
Old 07-29-2015, 03:30 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
It's abysmal in the sense that I hate it and want all the info now.

But from a marketing perspective it's genius. Everyone is talking about it, speculating, debating. Everyone wants to know more. It's getting in people's heads.

It works.
Old 07-29-2015, 03:44 AM   #15
MVP

Meh, that's kinda cool i guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2015, 03:55 AM   #16
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
It's abysmal in the sense that I hate it and want all the info now.

But from a marketing perspective it's genius. Everyone is talking about it, speculating, debating. Everyone wants to know more. It's getting in people's heads.

It works.
Especially now that we know people like Da_Czar, Mike Stauffer (formerly master roster-maker bedwardsroy19) and that one PC modder whose name escapes me have all been outright hired by 2K, and this is their first game with a full development cycle under their belt (as opposed to being hired mid-cycle).

Let's not forget, Czar and Beds were highly-respected OSers.

That's what's got me most excited for this year's game--their involvement, living the dream.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »