Home

Operation Sports and NBA2K

This is a discussion on Operation Sports and NBA2K within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2015, 09:51 AM   #1
Rookie

Sitew33's Arena

OVR: 0
Operation Sports and NBA2K

I never post in OS but I practically live on here. This is just my humble opinion about things.

First: Operation Sports
Steve_OS you have created the greatest invention ever for sports gaming community. You have created a home where sports gaming fanatics all over the world can give opinions, ask and get answers to questions, pass on info, give advice, descibe experiences,critiq and yes even complain about and their favorite games. I spend countless hours looking for info and mostly being entertained by the different cast of charcters that post on OS. But the most important aspect of what you have done here is put the gamers and and the developers in the environment and have made it possible for dialog between both which has changed the oveall quality of the games themselves. Hell you have actually made it possible for OS member/posters to aquire jobs with gaming companies who probably would have never known existed without this venue. I dont know what your initial vision was when you started OS but what you have created is pure genious.

Now: NBA 2K

I know usually if one post anything good about NBA 2K they are called fanboy but oh well. NBA 2K has become a powerhouse game title and one of the biggest staples on OS (At least for me). Overall NBA 2K Devs listen to and implement what the masses ask for in the game. Unfortunately not every single request will ever be able to be met because that is unrealistic but 2K implements a very high percentage of things requested in the game. Even though I don't create post I have been able to make suggestions on various request post and had the opportunity to interact with 2K devs, etc thru PM and in those interactions they have been receptive and informative as to working on request or why certain request may or may not be possible. NBA 2K hasn't always given me certain features I would want in the game but I still love the game because it allows me to get away and escape the realities, responsibilities, stresses, ect of life. We all have our "It Thing" that we have to have in the game be it Crew, Park, My Player/Career, MY League, My Gm, My Team, accessories, shoes, sound, graphics, game play, art, rating, online, offline and whatever else I failed to include. 2K has addressed every last one of these up to the impending release of 2K16. Now I know these things may not have been addressed to the extent that everyone wants but they have been addressed. Funny enough because of OS I've actually become engrossed in everyone's 2K plight, LOL. I'm not a crew guy but I found myself lamenting if they would ever bring it back just because of OS member clamoring for it, even to the point of being thrilled when 2K announced it was back in Pro-Am form. Not an online guy but I find myself sympathizing with the online assosiation/my league guys. But from what I have seen 2K may not do everything at once but they eventually do it and that's pretty good if you ask me. With the interaction between the Devs and the community all I see is this game having unlimited continuous potential. Hey all I know is in scanning boards from other games of all genres all I constantly read is phases like "why can't they do xyz like NBA 2K". So at this point I cannot wait to fire up NBA 2K16 because no matter how many will complain about what it may not have it will bet the best damn sports game this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2015, 10:43 AM   #2
Rookie

b1baller's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Operation Sports and NBA2K

My thoughts EXACTLY. Great Post bro!

NBA 2K - NBA Live - Halo - Destiny - Madden - GTA

“I play to win, whether during practice or a real game. And I will not let anything get in the way of me and my competitive enthusiasm to win.”
– Michael Jordan

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »