Home

Iverson&Mutombo Sixers replacing today's Sixers in MYLEAGUE!?!?!

This is a discussion on Iverson&Mutombo Sixers replacing today's Sixers in MYLEAGUE!?!?! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2015, 01:00 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Iverson&Mutombo Sixers replacing today's Sixers in MYLEAGUE!?!?!

Sixers have always been my favorite team because of AI, and since he left to Denver, I don't follow the Sixers nor I follow AI anymore because I don't like to see him as a second option after Melo, and I have been thinking wouldn't it be fun to use that old Sixers squard to compete in today's NBA?? I am just wondering if anyone tried it and how that goes? Also, how would the age work since all those guys are retired already, and I am only going to play MYLEAGUE not MYGM so I don't know how the age will transfer into the mode? HELP GUYS AND THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 01:19 AM   #2
Pro

Crystar500's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Iverson&Mutombo Sixers replacing today's Sixers in MYLEAGUE!?!?!

They stay at the ages they were during that season (2000-2001). I tried it and Simmed some seasons, without touching much. They still missed the playoffs for a few seasons in a row, although AI was happy to sign an extension for five years.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:40 AM   #3
MVP

Oh wow, crazy how they will miss playoff today through simming, doubit it tho, that defense, toughness, iverson's offense + mutombo's defense, they will be top 3 in the east in today's nba i think, i am going try playing with them and see how that goes...

which players in today's world will fit into that squard you guys think? i am planning just to keep mckee, iverson, lynch, hill, mutombo, bell, and jones, that's it!
Old 08-26-2015, 04:05 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
Oh wow, crazy how they will miss playoff today through simming, doubit it tho, that defense, toughness, iverson's offense + mutombo's defense, they will be top 3 in the east in today's nba i think, i am going try playing with them and see how that goes...
They are missing multiple players and have two players rated above average.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 08-26-2015, 07:40 PM   #5
Pro

Crystar500's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57

which players in today's world will fit into that squard you guys think? i am planning just to keep mckee, iverson, lynch, hill, mutombo, bell, and jones, that's it!

Well, I didn't touch anything. If I got rid of the generics, it might've been better.

As for players, I suggest surrounding Iverson with shooters. That seems like it would work best for him. I noticed Mutombo declines pretty fast, just to warn you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 08:09 PM   #6
Rookie

If you want to do something sneaky, even though it looks like you can't edit the ages of classic team players like Iverson you can. Just hover over the spot for it and move the d pad left/right. You won't see it changing but if you back out and save the edit you'll see the change. Just rinse and repeat till you get the desired age. I did a Myleague once where I imagined MJ getting sick and tired of the Hornets sucking and coming in to displace Lance as the starting SG. Made him 79 OVR with low athletic ability and 50 something years old.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:19 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

You can Edit the ages of any Players you want, including Classic Players. Also you could Trade the 00-01 76ers Dikembe for the 93-94 Dikembe if you didnt want him to decline so fast. You can also Edit his Potential as well to keep him from Declining as fast.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 08-27-2015, 02:19 AM   #8
MVP

But I mean he should be declining fast right? We are putting that 99-00 Sixers as in today, which Mutombo is really going downhill, so are most of the players on that team, Iverson, Mckee, Bell are probably the only ones that should be improving, everyone else should be declining, I am planning to use that squad for 1.5-2 years and then make changes, my plan is to have a starting five of:

Iverson
Korver
Iguodala
Allstar PF
Mutombo

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »