Home

NBA MyPlayer How far have you gone?

This is a discussion on NBA MyPlayer How far have you gone? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2015, 02:08 AM   #1
Rookie

UNCTarheel82's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA MyPlayer How far have you gone?

I am asking this question because out of all the NBA 2k games since MyPlayer was introduction I have never made it to the retirement. So my question is how far have you gone in MyPlayer and what was the end like. Also how did you keep playing it for so long? The most I did was about 3 seasons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2015, 02:42 AM   #2
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA MyPlayer How far have you gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCTarheel82
I am asking this question because out of all the NBA 2k games since MyPlayer was introduction I have never made it to the retirement. So my question is how far have you gone in MyPlayer and what was the end like. Also how did you keep playing it for so long? The most I did was about 3 seasons.

I am in the beginning of season 4 with a new team. The good thing about these past 2Ks is you can retire when you'd like. Luckily for me, I was eligible for the HOF in about 2-3 years. I don't know what the end will be like since I am still playing, a lot less, but occasionally. But I will retire him once 2K16 releases.

I just kept playing it because I enjoy it. It's the most realistic experience I can get with no exploits and etc. I love playing MC games even though I hate the injury bug that's sitting out a lot of good players around the league and I hate some of the CAP players because the plays and tendencies for them are jacked.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 08-30-2015, 07:03 AM   #3
Rookie

I haven't been able to get through more than 2 seasons, barely made it through the 1st one this year. It's too hard for me to find a balance between playing realistic basketball and dominating because my teammates seem like 3rd graders sometimes. But there was a point in this year's game where it didn't seem too bad. Patch 4 pretty much ended that. It sucks because I love the IDEA of the mode, it just hasn't been executed in a way that is replayable for me. Hoping this year with better acting and a legit storyline will keep me entertained.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:35 AM   #4
MVP

jk31's Arena

I made it through 10 games I guess, then it got boring because of the stupid AI which ruins this gamemode because of their dumb play.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:31 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Back in 2ķ11 when they didn't have the forced story stuff I would go 2 or 3 seasons in at least. Last two years I have not played a game in the second season. I really wish they'd focus less on story and more on gameplay and realistic roster moves/rotations being done by the AI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2015, 08:37 AM   #6
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

In 2k14 I got through about 5 seasons. A lot of simming involved there. I'm glad they at least added the option for simming into the game a couple years ago. Remember when You had to start the game and then sim to end in order to sim a game?

But last year, I got into my 2nd full season (3rd season overall) with my Center. He was averaging 40 and 20 on about 70% shooting, and I actually had to try an NOT score 50+ every game. If I really wanted to, I could have had him averaging 55 and 30. But if I upped the difficulty so my player would put up more realistic numbers. my team would lose by 20 points. So unbalanced.

I still find the mode fun, but just through the first season or two.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:43 AM   #7
Pro

Gilley's Arena

OVR: 5

I get bored after one season, so I usually just stop around that time.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:51 AM   #8
Just started!

18 seasons 12 Championships 14 MVPs 14 Finals apperances on Hall of Fame difficulty

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »