Home

NBA 2K16 Gameplay Blog With Da_Czar

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Gameplay Blog With Da_Czar within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2015, 06:02 PM   #49
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaggedout
People are going to start complaining about this game being to sim. No cheese, no cheddar
I'm no cheeser but I'm also not a basketball guru. I fear that my basketball IQ will be severely tested and the AI in this game with eat me alive.

I can't wait to test out how much the game varies between difficulties and also play style (casual, standard, simulation)
Old 09-04-2015, 06:03 PM   #50
Rookie

champ1997's Arena

OVR: 0
I can't wait
Old 09-04-2015, 06:03 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2
I really can't believe everything I have read for the last 2 weeks. I'm a late Myteam bloomer and have been studying the marketry (new word) of the auction house. That has been the only reason I played 2k15 for the last 3 months. All this news seems like they made this game specifically for me.

I have that whole next week off after release and this seems to be one of those Apple Jack games where you wake,wash and pour a bowl of Apple Jacks while your 2k16 is loading up to study plays for a few hours. I only hope online is tight.

Way too much to indulge in for one game title and that's the best part.

Good Job
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2015, 06:04 PM   #52
Rookie

Jv160's Arena

OVR: 0
What a major jump, great job
Old 09-04-2015, 06:07 PM   #53
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA 2K16 Gameplay Blog with Da_Czar

I want to comment something to make me look like I understood what you were talking about with this blog, but to be quite honest I had no idea what was going on with about half of it.

So, here's my official comment:

It'll probably all be super awesome!

Last edited by BA2929; 09-04-2015 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:08 PM   #54
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K16 Gameplay Blog With Da_Czar

That additional comment from Czar is an insta-bookmark.

Also, really stoked you will be doing some explanatory videos for these this year, Czar.

There are some good videos by people from last year on some of the freelance systems, but no one can break it down like you, the guy who built them.

Excited to see 4 out and triangle redone. $ out was pretty limited in activity and better spacing around the perimeter will really help. Who are you, who am I awareness plus awareness of the defense in the trangle will be huge, as some entry passes were so hard to do last year based on spacing and lack of CPU teammate awareness.

I'm guessing in general this offensive AI awareness on a player by player level will make a tremendous difference and add lots of depth in motion offenses especially, as they are inherently read and react.

The PnR module allowing for some awareness s great, can't wait to test drive it. PnR has always been pretty limited on offense, not just the defensive AI as Scott talked about.

A little thing, but I love the timing circle idea for passes. in 2k15 it was often frustrating to make passes on some of those tight window passes where by the time you passed it your guy was cutting into traffic = turnover. Now, this year, it looks like you'll know how long your window is if you use play art, and even then, your teammate may branch differently and know not to cut into clogged traffic in the first place.

Love the 3-2 Extended option, as tight pressure + physical defense really knocked down a lot of what 3-2 could do last year.

I could go on an on.

So looking forward to the 25th to see how you guys actually did with all this stuff you talkin' bout!
Old 09-04-2015, 06:09 PM   #55
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

So so so happy that the Jazz motion offense is in. Hopefully the dribble-handoff passing controls work as planned, the Jazz use a lot of dribble-handoffs in their offense.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2015, 06:09 PM   #56
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
95% of this stuff flew over my head. However, I'm sure it will make the game more challenging and dynamic. This game is gonna be stupid deep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I want to comment something to make me look like I understood what you were talking about with this blog, but to be quite honest I had no idea what was going on with about half of it.

[/img]

It'll probably all be super awesome!
We got you covered. I will do my absolute BEST to make sure that we explain some of the basketball nerdy stuff for those of us who've never played or coached organized ball. Tonight during the Interview, I'll be tossing out plenty of questions to help bridge the gap of X's and O's knowledge.

When #Simnation is done, everyone will recognize the difference between a 3out 2in and a Flex at a glance and make those adjustments the same way you do when you see a zone in Madden.

Last edited by Bornindamecca; 09-04-2015 at 06:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »