Home

Hack-a-Shaq

This is a discussion on Hack-a-Shaq within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2015, 10:03 PM   #17
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Hack-a-Shaq

I would like to be able to have a setting to foul on shot attempts after offensive boards or something along those lines.

It sounds specific and I could imagine hard to implement. But if D12 or DJ pull down an offensive board and go back up with it, I'd like to see my guys hack him and make him earn them.

As a result, these boys wouldn't go 10/12 from the field aswell.....in real life these boys get hacked before easy put backs and so, their FG % is more grounded.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:16 AM   #18
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

I think it should definitely be in the game. But the question is how do you implement it online to eliminate cheese?

You would have to set something like you can only use 2 minutes a half (1 minute quick game)? Like you could use it once per half for max of 2 minutes from the moment you 1st call it? I'm just trying to think outside the box to eliminate guys doing it all game long online. You could select intentional foul then the button of the guy you wanted to foul. Once you do that your timer starts. Of course offensively it would be strategy to sub out or call a timeout to get free throw shooters in.

Or maybe you could have offline, make optional for leagues, and don't allow in quick play online.

Anyone else have any ideas how 2k could use this online without cheesers or kids who think it's funny abusing this by doing it all game long? Tough one for 2k to add... But it's legit strategy and in the real NBA so I feel it should be represented in 2k.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:25 AM   #19
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I think it should definitely be in the game. But the question is how do you implement it online to eliminate cheese?

You would have to set something like you can only use 2 minutes a half (1 minute quick game)? Like you could use it once per half for max of 2 minutes from the moment you 1st call it? I'm just trying to think outside the box to eliminate guys doing it all game long online. You could select intentional foul then the button of the guy you wanted to foul. Once you do that your timer starts. Of course offensively it would be strategy to sub out or call a timeout to get free throw shooters in.

Or maybe you could have offline, make optional for leagues, and don't allow in quick play online.

Anyone else have any ideas how 2k could use this online without cheesers or kids who think it's funny abusing this by doing it all game long? Tough one for 2k to add... But it's legit strategy and in the real NBA so I feel it should be represented in 2k.

Spoken from inexperience here (offline guy) but aren't the real counter measures sufficient for cheesers?

Foul outs, team fouls resulting in free throws the rest of the way and of course, the user can sub out the player not making his free throws?

My answer is based on 12 minute quarters though.

What exactly is the issue if cheesers abuse it out of curiosity? I just think the real life counter measures/penalties would act as a deterrent on their own...... again, I am not an online guy so I may be missing a glaringly obvious point haha......
Old 09-10-2015, 12:32 AM   #20
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
Spoken from inexperience here (offline guy) but aren't the real counter measures sufficient for cheesers?

Foul outs, team fouls resulting in free throws the rest of the way and of course, the user can sub out the player not making his free throws?

My answer is based on 12 minute quarters though.

What exactly is the issue if cheesers abuse it out of curiosity? I just think the real life counter measures/penalties would act as a deterrent on their own...... again, I am not an online guy so I may be missing a glaringly obvious point haha......
I don't think it would be an issue in online leagues. Although we would maybe have to set some sort of parameters but you are right eventually they would have to stop or risk fouling guys out.

I guess I speak of quick matches online (I never play so talking more for those that do). I could only imagine running into a kid who fouled you every possession until he had no guys left to see what would happen. Put in a deep bench player and hack a shaq. You know the guy like in madden who will run goaline all game. Lol
Old 09-10-2015, 12:52 AM   #21
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I don't think it would be an issue in online leagues. Although we would maybe have to set some sort of parameters but you are right eventually they would have to stop or risk fouling guys out.

I guess I speak of quick matches online (I never play so talking more for those that do). I could only imagine running into a kid who fouled you every possession until he had no guys left to see what would happen. Put in a deep bench player and hack a shaq. You know the guy like in madden who will run goaline all game. Lol

Yeah I hear ya.....if they do put in this mechanic, I'd almost be inclined to just put it in across the board and fine tune after feedback.

Based on your thoughts, I still think a smart sim player will win out with standard tactics and the cheeser would fast realise he's getting a butt kicking and STOP. Haha...... I almost want it in just to see cheesers take a butt kicking and learn something.....

Interested in the others thoughts as to other potentially hazardous cheese tactics that we may not have mentioned though.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2015, 02:32 AM   #22
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
Yeah I hear ya.....if they do put in this mechanic, I'd almost be inclined to just put it in across the board and fine tune after feedback.

Based on your thoughts, I still think a smart sim player will win out with standard tactics and the cheeser would fast realise he's getting a butt kicking and STOP. Haha...... I almost want it in just to see cheesers take a butt kicking and learn something.....

Interested in the others thoughts as to other potentially hazardous cheese tactics that we may not have mentioned though.....
I'd love it in though. I'm as sim as they come and I'd for sure hack a Dwight in a few choice situations. I can just imagine the backlash though. I'm my league we will be playing with real ft% though so whoever is rockets or clippers would really have to worry and adjust to this tactic. A few years ago when I ran with Dwight I had his release down as we played user control for free throws and it wasn't abnormal for me to go 14/14 from the line. That used to drive guys crazy hence the switch to real ft %. But I'd love it in. I actually would try to do this in the past by manually fouling as I'd intentional foul shaq for example if he caught ball on the block. Sometimes it would work and sometimes I'd be to late in calling it.
Old 09-11-2015, 03:21 AM   #23
Just started!

OVR: 0

I would be totally fine if it was in MyCareer, MyLeague and/or MyGM...but if it's usable online, it's a recipe for disaster.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:39 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gygj
I would be totally fine if it was in MyCareer, MyLeague and/or MyGM...but if it's usable online, it's a recipe for disaster.
If it was in online, I think the 2k team could find a way to make it less abusable. If it isnt able to be usable though, exhibition games, MyLeague/MyGM, and Mycareer would greatly benefit.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »