Home

NBA 2K16 Hands-On Preview

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Hands-On Preview within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2015, 06:46 AM   #129
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K16 Hands-On Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Is this true? If we pre order online for digital we get on the 25th?
Yes, and this is true of physical copies as well.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:57 AM   #130
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGSW
That doesn't make any sense. Why would the ps4 recording stuff glitch a games half time highlights? I don't see the connection.
Maybe I'm getting it mixed up with post-game highlights and the Player Of The Game stuff. Sorry.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:40 AM   #131
Banned

DEE MAX's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
Into the mind of a cheese artist
Give me a break, i'm no cheeser i speak the truth, there's no difference between calling plays (sim style) to someone fast breaking ( zig zag cheese style) it's about how to stop the exploiting. in 2k15 there's really none of that to much delay on defense. even if you know the play is coming you had a hard time defending it. and even if you try to defend the paint, everyone has a jumper.

My point to the post is defense is back in 2k..and players will still try to find cheese to exploit in any style they choose to play. all I'm saying is set up defensive schemes and players patterns.

Into a mind of a gamer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2015, 12:19 PM   #132
MVP

Does the shot clock reset after a blocked shot like it did in 2k15?
Old 09-12-2015, 12:48 PM   #133
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
Maybe I'm getting it mixed up with post-game highlights and the Player Of The Game stuff. Sorry.
I still don't understand the connection. Why does the ps4 recording stuff force the game to glitch? :/
Old 09-12-2015, 12:51 PM   #134
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEE MAX
Give me a break, i'm no cheeser i speak the truth, there's no difference between calling plays (sim style) to someone fast breaking ( zig zag cheese style) it's about how to stop the exploiting. in 2k15 there's really none of that to much delay on defense. even if you know the play is coming you had a hard time defending it. and even if you try to defend the paint, everyone has a jumper.

My point to the post is defense is back in 2k..and players will still try to find cheese to exploit in any style they choose to play. all I'm saying is set up defensive schemes and players patterns.

Into a mind of a gamer.
1. Playing sim isn't about running plays. It's about simulating real life basketball. You wouldn't run a play for Tiago Splitter or whatever.

2. Fast breaks and zig zag are not the same thing.

3. If you find an exploit that isn't realistic and is overpowered and you choose to use that exploit repeatedly. You are a cheeser.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:21 PM   #135
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
I still don't understand the connection. Why does the ps4 recording stuff force the game to glitch? :/
It's all about coding. They have to find a workaround to the PS4's recording. Also remember that something that seems minor can cause large issues. Hell, a few lines of bad code can break a game entirely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2015, 01:48 PM   #136
Banned

DEE MAX's Arena

Quote:
1. Playing sim isn't about running plays. It's about simulating real life basketball. You wouldn't run a play for Tiago Splitter or whatever.

2. Fast breaks and zig zag are not the same thing.

3. If you find an exploit that isn't realistic and is overpowered and you choose to use that exploit repeatedly. You are a cheeser.
What your saying to me is all playing style preference. some know how to play your style of playing, and some don't know how to play at all, so they find their own style of comfort. that's why if you play online, be prepared to adjust to any type of playing style or you find online leagues and friends that fits your style.

But you're missing the whole point here... the game is not out yet but from the videos that I have seen, playing defense in 2k16 seems legit to me. jumpers will not be money like 2k15, and I truly believe that any EXPLOITING can be handle with the sticks and defensive schemes.

And why can't I pick n roll with Tiago Splitter?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »