Home

NBA 2K16 Gameplay Impressions (TwoBrosGaming)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Gameplay Impressions (TwoBrosGaming) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 03:48 PM   #25
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA 2K16 Gameplay Impressions (TwoBrosGaming)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGSW
I'm happy for you bro. We should all aspire to be as sim as you are.

But I don't play on broadcast either. Because when I play I don't simulate what it's like to watch the nba. I simulate what it's like to play ball. And I could be watching on tv, from the stands or even playing on the court.

As long as the basketball is realistic, I don't care about the rest. I don't care if it's 2k camera and LeBron is playing for Sacramento. As long as the basketball is played realistically and LeBron plays like LeBron.

Each to their own. We're all just out here trying to enjoy the game. There's no right way to play.

There seems to be a lot of arrogance and condescending remarks from some of SimNation and its just tiring. I figured simnation and other sim players would be encouraging people to get better and play more sim. Not berating them into it and ripping on them while sitting atop your high horse.

But again.

Each to their own.

This is one of the youtubers I actually like. It's not like we're talking about Gento or Cash. Smh.
Bruh, you aren't the one on youtube making these claims and secondly we get to see these guys play all the time. They aren't all exactly the sim gamers they claim to be (some of them I mean).. just like now he sounds like he's doing the video for views, not because he gives a crap about what the community wants to know.

I understand what guys like Prime started years ago.... THIS is not what it was. They took it and its about the popularity and views and subs now. Even his twitter info was vague and useless when they were at the event.

Like I said, Maybe they should invite Cardi Luciano next year. That dude played, gave out days of information, and it wasn't just for hype reasons but it got you excited because he was excited. Go listen if you don't believe me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2015, 03:51 PM   #26
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Don't kid yourself. The reason OSers aren't invited is because nobody gives a damn about your opinion (or mine, or 23s, or anyones) 2k have nothing to gain from letting you play it. You can't reach an audience like the youtubers can.

It's the cold hard truth of it all.
They'd care if some item of the game was getting hammered on OS because that word of mouth travels VERY quickly from this site.

I see other sites mention and link to OS all the time.

I understand pulling in a Chris Smoove or even a Shakedown2012 but you gotta evolve too man.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:02 PM   #27
Rookie

JohnnyCash2015's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Don't kid yourself. The reason OSers aren't invited is because nobody gives a damn about your opinion (or mine, or 23s, or anyones) 2k have nothing to gain from letting you play it. You can't reach an audience like the youtubers can.

It's the cold hard truth of it all.

Or maybe they don't want to invite a bunch of high school kids to promote their game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2015, 04:06 PM   #28
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
They'd care if some item of the game was getting hammered on OS because that word of mouth travels VERY quickly from this site.

I see other sites mention and link to OS all the time.

I understand pulling in a Chris Smoove or even a Shakedown2012 but you gotta evolve too man.
This is about cheap advertising nothing more you pay for a flight, a meal and maybe a hotel and they are able to get the word out to millions of potential customers, with Smoove alone potentially 2 million people, and wasn't Dustin from OS invited so we can't claim that a representative from here was not involved in the event.

Last edited by coolcras7; 09-12-2015 at 04:14 PM.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:09 PM   #29
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Passing is probably improved but it's not something that seems to stand out to any of the guys who played the game. Brian on Sim Hangout yesterday didn't mention it either I don't think. Passing needs a complete overhaul imo. Some passing/catching animations are horrible and take way too long to play out. Oh well.

Gameplay monday anyway.
Pick and roll passing especially. You try to lob to DeAndre and Nate Robinson will steal it with out jumping. If you try to hit the roll man in stride he fumbles the ball and it ends up as a turnover or a dumb layup animation. Passing really does need a overhaul. Not being able to pass to the roll man really kills offenses like the Clippers and Spurs.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:11 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
ROFL@ this guy. "i like to play true to life real basketball" "I don't play on broadcast" SMH

Also im getting sick of these youtubers. Rate subscribe like... come back again for the next video (takes up the first 5 minutes of the video)

In order to play true to life you have to play on broadcast? You do realize real players don't see the game from ANY of the camera angles available in the game right? I'm more sick of peope on forums being elitist snobs than someone trying to promote something that provides their livelyhood. I don't recall you saying this when the SimHangout is telling you when to come back and view more of their content.

Last edited by JedAustin; 09-12-2015 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:13 PM   #31
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
This is about cheap advertising nothing more you pay for a flight, a meal and maybe a hotel and they are able to get the word out to millions of potential cosutomers, with Smoove alone potentially 2 million people, and wasn't Dustin from OS invited so we can't claim that a representative from here was not involved in the event.
I know what its about from marketing..but that doesn't mean one of the several guys here who does youtube videos don't have a crowd they can reach.

LD2K followed CardiLuciano on twitter and he got a ton of followers, answered questions for days and put up 2 LONG videos just to explain even more.

Lets stop acting like it all begins and ends with guys like 2BG

As I said I understand Smoove, thats a straight business deal. I just knew he'd stay after the other guys left and guess what, he stayed as they all got back on the plane but he does love playing their My Career mode (which he'll probably most likley help advertise again)

Shakedown asks tough questions, he's very mature and not hot headish like some of these forum posters, he organizes his stuff well (im sure his business development degree helped) and he explains his thoughts concisely so you understand what he is saying.

I really dont have issue with those guys or anything of the sort. Yes Dustin is a writer/editor from OS, but that's not what we were talking about and you know it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2015, 04:13 PM   #32
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedAustin
In order to play true to life you have to play on broadcast. You do realize real players don't see the game from ANY of the camera angles available in the game right? I'm more sick of peope on forums being elitist snobs than someone trying to promote something that provides their livelyhood. I don't recall you saying this when the SimHangout is telling you when to come back and view more of their content.
Thank You...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »