Home

NBA 2K16 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden St. Warriors

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden St. Warriors within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2015, 11:09 PM   #57
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA 2K16 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden St. Warriors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
When you have a dynamic game play system everything is not scripted out. For instance that first play wasn't for Love it was for LBJ but love was left open. Do you want a smart AI or one that follows a set script ?

I see this is going to come up a lot. Remember I said a 48 min gameplan. So first quarter with 3 all star caliber players the offense is spread around to get everyone going.

But any time defense makes a mistake the AI is smart enough to attempt to take advantage.

Every thing is fluid and dynamic. When you enable intelligence you remove ability to forcefully determine outcomes. Any of those guys can get hot and have the offense focused on them.

By default this means that everygame your not going to agree with top scorers of the opposition. But how you choose to defend will naturally affect the outcome. Also mismatches and pnr coverages and hot streaks = dynamic.
It's that time of year Czar. We gotta have something to nitpick.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:18 PM   #58
PDX

RipCity71252's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
Also, I'm starting to not like the 'contextual shot animations' (Klay Thompson 3). LeBron wasn't even playing that tight but Klay acted like he got hit with a sniper LOL
I hated that as well, but every other one I've seen has looked smooth. Hopefully its an old carry over animation that doesn't pop up often.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:17 AM   #59
Rookie

The Arena Sounds are just terrible. Game sounds dead.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:44 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Yes, need to take into account that it was the user controlling the GSW. I'm making an assumption here. But I think what WISports is referring to is not the sequence itself but the way the animation plays out that is somewhat concerning. I think he's saying it's not as smooth as it could be. Albeit user controlled, the sequence has Klay planting both his foot, then passing rather than simultaneously planting both feet and passing.

Yea, it seems nitpicky but that pass is a perfect example of why the passing needs to be revamped.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:49 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Green was posted up when Curry started driving so he didn't have anywhere to go....that can honestly happen IRL some times...you can see he actually tried to he out of the way at the very end of it...

Also...was that a well placed reaction animation or did Greens arm actually react to Currys body? Almost looks like it wrapped around it...if so that would be pretty cool...means some kind of physics were implemented...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look at Curry's left heel, in combination with that stepback three pointer, so Curry-esque . Really digging the gameplay video's, can't believe I have to spend the coming week playing NBA Demo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 05:09 AM   #62
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

Barnes went in for a body scan https://instagram.com/p/7rXVSIH6gv/
Old 09-16-2015, 06:34 AM   #63
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
When you have a dynamic game play system everything is not scripted out. For instance that first play wasn't for Love it was for LBJ but love was left open. Do you want a smart AI or one that follows a set script ?

I see this is going to come up a lot. Remember I said a 48 min gameplan. So first quarter with 3 all star caliber players the offense is spread around to get everyone going.

But any time defense makes a mistake the AI is smart enough to attempt to take advantage.

Every thing is fluid and dynamic. When you enable intelligence you remove ability to forcefully determine outcomes. Any of those guys can get hot and have the offense focused on them.

By default this means that everygame your not going to agree with top scorers of the opposition. But how you choose to defend will naturally affect the outcome. Also mismatches and pnr coverages and hot streaks = dynamic.

I'm glad I did that comment because of your very detailed and encouraging reply.

If what seems a possibile point of weakness of AI is actually a point of strenght, than we could have something very special here

Tks!
Old 09-16-2015, 08:02 AM   #64
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmitty
Yea, it seems nitpicky but that pass is a perfect example of why the passing needs to be revamped.
I'm not seeing the issue with that Thompson pass?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »