Home

NBA 2K16 Trailer - Livin' Da Dream, A Spike Lee Joint

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Trailer - Livin' Da Dream, A Spike Lee Joint within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2015, 03:20 PM   #65
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K16 Trailer - Livin' Da Dream, A Spike Lee Joint

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAFootball3406
Spike's story doesn't end once you hit the league. I've also read that on here and don't know why people are making that assumption. It's been confirmed you play a select number of games in highschool/college. Then you get drafted. You really think they are going to have 90 minutes of cut scenes to fill only 6 games? Also the dialog from the trailer wouldn't even make sense if the story ended before you made it.

I'm loving everything about this MyCareer. I actually got goosebumps watching that trailer. Next Friday can't come soon enough.
People are saying that because Spike Lee said “When he makes it (to the NBA), I’m done.” and the article from OS says "Lee’s story starts at the beginning, but ends just as you make it to the NBA."

The gist I got from the little blurbs that they've released is that Spike Lee's part ends when you get drafted and then it goes back to being more like the regular MyCareer but with all the upgrades that 2K has made to the mode.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2015, 03:22 PM   #66
Banned

IAFootball3406's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
Y'know what, how many single player modes allow you to start in HS, play HS games, pick the College you want to play for, play College games and then you get drafted into the league? None. So whilst some of you hate the nickname of the whole idea of a story, think about this, that story allowed 2K to bring Hs and College into a NBA game.

To me the fact we have HS and College should more than make-up for whatever negative you feel about a nickname or the story. No 'Sim' mode gives you that, no sim-heavy game has it, The Show? Nope. Madden? Not a chance in hell. NBA Live? No sir. NHL? Ha they wish.
To be fair.. the story had nothing to do with the ability to include College teams. 2K Sports could have gotten those licenses any number of years back.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:27 PM   #67
Rookie

TheDeej's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Forced storylines aren't my thing. Since BAP mode is the only mode I play now I'll pass on 2K again. It's a shame to because people have been raving over 2K gameplay.
da throne you can choose to play just one player from a team in myleague now instead of just choosing position play or normal play.
So you can create a player with average stats and play as just that player in an association.
You won't distribute points like normal my player but you will get better more organically from how effective you are on the court.
I would suggest playing that way if you are interested in the improvement of gameplay but don't want the story. That is what I will do in addition to my only playing Anthony Davis only Pelicans franchise.

P.S. I know you from Pelicansreport i'm jruedat there.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:28 PM   #68
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

That's a really cool trailer but I must say, the events seem extremely scripted. That's not a problem for me but I think 2k should make a non-storyline MyCareer in the next title so that there won't be such a fuss about going on.

I also don't mind the nickname, does it really matter? Frequency Vibrations sounds cool to me and obviously there's a cool/deep story for such a weird name... I really see no reason as to why someone wouldn't play the mode because of it

Last edited by beast10; 09-14-2015 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:30 PM   #69
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAFootball3406
To be fair.. the story had nothing to do with the ability to include College teams. 2K Sports could have gotten those licenses any number of years back.
They could've but they didn't, why is that? Have to think the popularity of the new version of MyCareer has made paying out for College licenses fiscally worthwhile. That and if Spike Lee wants HS and College games then you give him HS and College games.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:31 PM   #70
Banned

IAFootball3406's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
People are saying that because Spike Lee said “When he makes it (to the NBA), I’m done.” and the article from OS says "Lee’s story starts at the beginning, but ends just as you make it to the NBA."

The gist I got from the little blurbs that they've released is that Spike Lee's part ends when you get drafted and then it goes back to being more like the regular MyCareer but with all the upgrades that 2K has made to the mode.
Interesting.... so we have 90 minutes of cut-scenes before we get drafted. Makes me wonder how involved the high-school and college aspect will be in story.

The quote for those curious.

Old 09-14-2015, 03:31 PM   #71
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm with guys that the name is stupid as hell, but are guys really saying it's a deal breaker on the game and mode as a whole? LMAO. The name is used I'm sure as a means to address your character in the cutscenes. There'd be too much involved in going over ALL the names in the database for recording. Not sure how guys are taken out of the "realism" of the mode because of this nickname, yet past modes of nobody ever saying your name when they're addressing you because it's not in the database was able to be ignored.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2015, 03:36 PM   #72
mqt
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
The criticism isn't unfair, and your analogy isn't fair. NBA 2K is a sports simulation. Solid Snake is the codename of a spy/soldier.
But you and I are not NBA players any more than we are spies. Having a nickname that isn't one you like is really no different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »