Home

Adding 16 to the pile - I love this game!

This is a discussion on Adding 16 to the pile - I love this game! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2015, 01:06 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Adding 16 to the pile - I love this game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg760
GREAT Collection! Unfortunately I dummied up (a LIVE head) and didn't even catch a whiff of 2K until my guy hipped me onto it, hence my 1st is 2k7....and then it was a wrap! lol

@@@what's that Pistons book??
Ha, I originally had a Yankee Candle propping the games up but decided it deserved an NBA touch so I pulled a book off the shelf. It's called The Franchise, a great account of their first championship season in 1989.

And I can't hate on the NBA Live days. They had to have had an edge in at least 2004 and I couldn't get enough of their dunk contests. But my last Live purchased was in 2000, for the N64. I remember renting Live 2002 and the moment a Steve Francis one-hander made the backboard bounce like a malfunctioning lowrider, I knew it was time to move on.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:11 AM   #10
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Sweet, Cameron Stauth. I have his book "The Golden Boys," about the 1992 Dream Team.

It's how I first learned about Oscar Schmidt.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:16 AM   #11
Mid-Range Mamba

iceberg760's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04

And I can't hate on the NBA Live days. They had to have had an edge in at least 2004 and I couldn't get enough of their dunk contests. But my last Live purchased was in 2000, for the N64. I remember renting Live 2002 and the moment a Steve Francis one-hander made the backboard bounce like a malfunctioning lowrider, I knew it was time to move on.

Bet, gonna Amazon the book...always looking for a good hoops book...mid way through rereading Bill Simmons Basketball Bible...

Lol---those 2002 graphics...wow/Thanks!!! lol...and we used to play that!?! lol --- every year, the evening prior to the new madden/2K, I pop in early versions and crack up...trips me out how far these games have come...what system you on??? We gotta run 1 my Dude..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

--- 12 min/HOF/Sim ---
GT: Rap Junkie951 // PSN: Crown_n_Smoke
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2015, 01:18 AM   #12
Rookie

wccym's Arena

OVR: 0

OP!Please show some MJ's pictures in the game(match) when U get 2k16 in 25th
Thank U
Old 09-17-2015, 01:21 AM   #13
Mid-Range Mamba

iceberg760's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
Sweet, Cameron Stauth. I have his book "The Golden Boys," about the 1992 Dream Team.

It's how I first learned about Oscar Schmidt.

The Golden Boys...Bet/Amazon!!! Yeah, that Oscar Schmidt was a BAD DUDE! Wish he would've come to the Lge!! The Holy hand of Brazil..a Bad Dude I tell you....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

--- 12 min/HOF/Sim ---
GT: Rap Junkie951 // PSN: Crown_n_Smoke
Old 09-17-2015, 01:21 AM   #14
Rookie

SteveQ's Arena

Since I was young and therefore jobless until 2K15, if my mom didn't buy it for me I'd have to turn in the previous 2K for the next one. So I have no video games period at the moment. But 2K16 is preordered and I've had every 2K since 2K6 with the exception of 2K8 (don't know why I never got that one). My favorite is still 2K11, 2K13 is second for me. 16 might overtake both though.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:26 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg760
Bet, gonna Amazon the book...always looking for a good hoops book...mid way through rereading Bill Simmons Basketball Bible...

Lol---those 2002 graphics...wow/Thanks!!! lol...and we used to play that!?! lol --- every year, the evening prior to the new madden/2K, I pop in early versions and crack up...trips me out how far these games have come...what system you on??? We gotta run 1 my Dude.
Can't go wrong with that Bill Simmons book. Great read.

And yep, fun to look back at what we accepted as being awesome back then. I thought 2K2 was the pinnacle of graphical and animation-based realism at that time. I guess I wasn't really phased with Allen Iverson crushing it over multiple defenders with his off-hand.

And yeah, if I make the jump to next gen soon enough, I'll let you know and we'll run. Until then, I'll be living vicariously through you guys.

P.S. Generally speaking to anyone, am I crazy or are there a couple of recognizable faces playing the game in that 2K2 commercial toward the end?

Last edited by VDusen04; 09-17-2015 at 01:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2015, 02:26 AM   #16
Pro

exposedaking's Arena

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »