Home

1999-2000 Toronto Raptors review/discussion

This is a discussion on 1999-2000 Toronto Raptors review/discussion within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2015, 09:55 AM   #1
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17
1999-2000 Toronto Raptors review/discussion

This is based off the following youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=cmijNCyeIjI

My thoughts......

- court is accuate !
- Vince is "young" bald, no beard, even the left arm band is accurate.
- starting line up is correct (as of post all star break onward)
- Oak has his dreads !
- home jerseys/shorts are accurate (they were actually wrong in the original NBA 2k for sega dreamcast, they had these weird pinstripes for some reason ?? All of you original/old school 2k heads will know what I'm talking about).
- Young Tmac should be more skinny
- TMacs low arm band is accurate
- The have Kevin Willis, Alvin Williams, Dell Curry, Doug Christie (and he has hair, accurate ! and his shoulder tattoo ACCURATE !!), Dee Brown, AD, Oak, Tmac, VC, Muggsy
- Only players left are end of bench players...Yogi Stewart, John Thomas, Sean Marks, Haywood Workman, Alex Radojevic (they could be in I just didnt see them in the video).

- The poor quality of the video makes it hard to see the cyberfaces, but VC, TMac, Oak, AD seem to pretty good.

Overall, I'm extremely, extremely, extrmely pleased with this classic 99-2000 Raptors team. GREAT WORK !!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2015, 09:59 AM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: 1999-2000 Toronto Raptors review/discussion

Ha, If you're signing off on it, it must be pretty good....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2015, 10:01 AM   #3
Rookie

willcoll's Arena

OVR: 1

I normally never use classic teams, these guys are the exception. My all time favorite team. Can't wait to play with them

http://glb2.warriorgeneral.com/game/signup?ref=401236
Old 09-21-2015, 10:43 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
This is based off the following youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=cmijNCyeIjI

My thoughts......

- court is accuate !
- Vince is "young" bald, no beard, even the left arm band is accurate.
- starting line up is correct (as of post all star break onward)
- Oak has his dreads !
- home jerseys/shorts are accurate (they were actually wrong in the original NBA 2k for sega dreamcast, they had these weird pinstripes for some reason ?? All of you original/old school 2k heads will know what I'm talking about).
- Young Tmac should be more skinny
- TMacs low arm band is accurate
- The have Kevin Willis, Alvin Williams, Dell Curry, Doug Christie (and he has hair, accurate ! and his shoulder tattoo ACCURATE !!), Dee Brown, AD, Oak, Tmac, VC, Muggsy
- Only players left are end of bench players...Yogi Stewart, John Thomas, Sean Marks, Haywood Workman, Alex Radojevic (they could be in I just didnt see them in the video).

- The poor quality of the video makes it hard to see the cyberfaces, but VC, TMac, Oak, AD seem to pretty good.

Overall, I'm extremely, extremely, extrmely pleased with this classic 99-2000 Raptors team. GREAT WORK !!
Good stuff, man. I had pretty solid feelings on the squad after watching that video as well. I don't think Yogi and beyond made the cut but that's both to be expected and not much of a loss.

I've heard the McGrady looks really old but I didn't watch at the right moments in order to see well enough for myself.

Here's one thing I'll fully admit I didn't remember until looking it up: I had no recollection of Alvin Williams losing his starting spot come playoff time that year. Was he injured? I wanted to initially object to seeing Muggsy Bogues in the starting lineup (only five starts in the regular season) but according to their very, very brief playoff run, it's on point.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:06 AM   #5
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

No....Alvin "blew up" (now thats blew up in raptors folk lore remember...lol) the season after, he basically outplayed Mark Jackson and got him traded taking over the starting spot and hitting that big shot vs the Knicks in the 2001 playoffs.

The 99-2000 season Alvin was almost traded to Boston for Danny Fortson (but Fortson failed the physical and the trade got voided). He hardly played that year. Starting point was a platoon of players from Alvin/Dee Brown/Muggsy early on in the season, to Doug Christie and even Tmac filling in minutes late in the year.

But it is accurate as of the "playoff roster that year".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2015, 11:12 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
No....Alvin "blew up" (now thats blew up in raptors folk lore remember...lol) the season after, he basically outplayed Mark Jackson and got him traded taking over the starting spot and hitting that big shot vs the Knicks in the 2001 playoffs.

The 99-2000 season Alvin was almost traded to Boston for Danny Fortson (but Fortson failed the physical and the trade got voided). He hardly played that year. Starting point was a platoon of players from Alvin/Dee Brown/Muggsy early on in the season, to Doug Christie and even Tmac filling in minutes late in the year.

But it is accurate as of the "playoff roster that year".
Ah, a double overlook on my part. I saw Williams started 28 games but missed that even then, he still only averaged around 14 minutes per. Appreciate the knowledge.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:13 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

The Celtics jerseys are incorrect the front should read Celtics not Boston

Old 09-21-2015, 11:15 AM   #8
MVP

LeBronistheKing's Arena

OVR: 6

They did a decent job on the 2000 Raptors, but the Dwyane Wade on the 2006 Heat is apparently the same Wade from 2k15 which is the current Wade so that's disappointing. I still might use this team for Antoine Walker, Jason Williams, prime Udonis Haslem and Shaq, but the oversight on the Wade player model has me concerned for the 2007 LeBron. Truly hoping they don't just slap a headband on the current Cavaliers LeBron player model and that's it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »