Home

Face scan

This is a discussion on Face scan within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2015, 07:20 PM   #105
Rookie

kobe2theMAX's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Face scan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty
lol? I know.... .. ..

I'm saying, that when it scans me and says great quality, the result is a black skinned me. I have to change the skin tone afterward.

I'm using a flashlight too, I'm pretty much 2 shades above pale... Yet, every single time, even my white friend when he tried, get a black my player whose skin we have to change.

My question is, why does it make two light skinned guys, black?

This shows me that the quality of face scans have dipped. Everyone's eyes looks the same. There are only 6 skin colors. You can barely adjust your features. Only 6 eyebrow types. Can't adjust the nose profile as much as you should be able to.

The lack of urban style haircuts (or ones that look good) is another issue. They can't just put a caesar or a fade that looks realistic? What about a short goatee? Or a short trimmed beard that takes up more cheek?

My player looks sort of like me, but his eyes are way off and the features are lost when he starts to animate in game. 2k should have just asked us to make expressions for the game. The ones built in are so cringeworthy

My guy smiles like a tool

Breaking ankles online and irl
This is what I've been talking about also. The editing options they give us are way too limited.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 10:01 PM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 2

I finally got a good face scan on XBox One... here is what I did:

#1 - pull a white T-shirt over your head so that your hair and neck are covered and from the camera's perspective only your face is visible. You may need to pull the sides behind your ears so it can get the sides of your face. This solved my initial problem in which the game somehow thought my hair was my eyebrows and my eyes would appear on the face scan's cheeks. I didn't bother with a backdrop.

#2 - propped my iPhone with camera flashlight turned on beside the Kinect. I just pinned it between 2 DVD boxed sets so it stood up.

That's it. More than half my previous scans had my eyes on the cheeks and mouth on the chin. After doing these things, all my scans had everything in the right place and after a few scans, I got a decent result.

I have no idea how difficult it is to differentiate eyebrows, hairline, and eyes. I actually got a pretty decent scan when I put band aids over my eyebrows so it wouldn't read them as eyes - except yeah, my toon had bandaids over his eyebrows... but everything else looked good.

And yes, wtf is up with the character's lips. When I smile I look like a creepy mofo. Like I got punched in the lip.

Last edited by johnny33; 10-02-2015 at 10:04 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:19 PM   #107
Pro

Scvllp's Arena

Do you have a ingame pic of how it turned out?
Old 10-03-2015, 06:42 PM   #108
Rookie

aylmer1981's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny33

#1 - pull a white T-shirt over your head so that your hair and neck are covered and from the camera's perspective only your face is visible. You may need to pull the sides behind your ears so it can get the sides of your face. This solved my initial problem in which the game somehow thought my hair was my eyebrows and my eyes would appear on the face scan's cheeks. I didn't bother with a backdrop.

#2 - propped my iPhone with camera flashlight turned on beside the Kinect. I just pinned it between 2 DVD boxed sets so it stood up.

That's it. More than half my previous scans had my eyes on the cheeks and mouth on the chin. After doing these things, all my scans had everything in the right place and after a few scans, I got a decent result.

I have no idea how difficult it is to differentiate eyebrows, hairline, and eyes. I actually got a pretty decent scan when I put band aids over my eyebrows so it wouldn't read them as eyes - except yeah, my toon had bandaids over his eyebrows... but everything else looked good.

And yes, wtf is up with the character's lips. When I smile I look like a creepy mofo. Like I got punched in the lip.
Thanks for the tips! Trying the shirt over on top of my head like mother Theresa. Be back with feedback
Old 10-03-2015, 06:54 PM   #109
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

I'm just waiting for a patch
Old 10-03-2015, 07:05 PM   #110
Rookie

jackzagal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRice
Took me several tries, but I ended up with a pretty good resemblance of my face with a 'Great' scan and over 10k reference points on PS4. Good amount of lighting in my bedroom, held the PS4 camera about less than a foot from my face looking up at my TV mounted on the wall.
More or less like I did

Last year it took me around 2 hours to get a good scan, this year took me 5 minutes with just two tries (first one being horrible, second one quite good with 15k ref. points). The guy looked more like me last year, but since it took way less time and the quality was fairly good, I'm content with the results.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:16 PM   #111
Rookie

aylmer1981's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny33

Mother Theresa tshirt on the head does not work because when you turn your head to the left and right the tshirt ends up being out of the square and the whole scan stops.

What i did do is turn off all the lights. phone flashlight right behind the kinect camera shining at me and standing behind a creamish wall. Turned out okay (doable)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2015, 07:20 PM   #112
Rookie

aylmer1981's Arena

took me a total of over 3 hours to get something passeable resemblance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »