Home

Updated Max Cap's MyPlayer Guide

This is a discussion on Updated Max Cap's MyPlayer Guide within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2015, 11:26 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Updated Max Cap's MyPlayer Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTlFIED
80 Speed is going to be relevant. You cant look at it as 80 of of 99. Remember everyone else's speed will be balanced also, so an 80 speed SG will "feel" like a SG compared to the other positions you are up against.
This x1000, people are acting like their 80 speed SG will be matched by a 80 speed C. 80 speed SG can blow by everyone speed wise other than PGs, which sounds about right for the vast majority of SGs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2015, 11:28 AM   #42
Rookie

From what I understand, the shoe boosts are only for players in MyTeam. Sort of how you could apply certain badges to them you got as cards, you can now apply shoes to boost some attributes. I don't think these shoe boost will be available for your MyPlayer.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:42 AM   #43
Pro

^^ I read somewhere that you could but i guess it wasn't official, my mistake then.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:48 AM   #44
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

Quote:
80 Speed is going to be relevant. You cant look at it as 80 of of 99. Remember everyone else's speed will be balanced also, so an 80 speed SG will "feel" like a SG compared to the other positions you are up against.
You are correct . The issue will be in the mismatches . on a fast break a 94 speed pg will blow past any big man ! And in the paint if a guard gets match up on a big man the shot % goes way up and he just overpowers the smaller guy . i seen all this in a video !
Old 09-24-2015, 11:49 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
Yeah but you can't look at it as 75/80 speed. We know there are attributes boosts on the shoes as well as the regular boosts you pay for. So really that 75/80 can probably be somewhere between 85-89/90-94. And that's just what we know, there might still be other boosts (from drills or whatever) as well.
Quote:
I have not seen any streams thus far that showed gear providing boost's to attributes so if we can get boost's via gear off day drill's great then this non issue and you are correct I hope that's the case

While i'll agree 80 speed will feel like a SG but thats if and only if everyone else's speed is balanced unfortunately I haven't been able to confirm that they are indeed balanced granted obviously the game is not out yet but still haven't seen screen shots of indepth ratings compared to the caps and all this is a moot point if we can go above the caps through drills or gear with boosts as Bonium pointed out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2015, 12:27 PM   #46
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

So what do you guys think is the sweet spot in weight and height for a SF or PF?

I was thinking balanced power forward 7'0 not sure if weight factors into the speed.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:27 PM   #47
Just started!

Two questions.... What's the Cap for a 6'0 SG? Like a Allen Iverson like player. And 2nd question, can I pick my spot in the pro am mode? Like can I be at the 2 guard or will the height force me to play point?
Old 09-24-2015, 12:28 PM   #48
Just started!

And I mean 6'0 SG inside. Like a Dwaye Wade, Iverson type player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »