Home

NBA 2K16 Available Today, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Available Today, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2015, 01:14 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K16 Available Today, Post Your Impressions Here

What a great game. Overall offline gameplay feels so smooth on offense and defence. I'm playing as the clippers against the Hawks in my first play now game and the court and the crowd look amazing. The ai makes it harder to score now too but in a good way and playing defence feels so much better then last years game. If anyone's reading through this thread and are trying to decide if they should buy Nba 2k16 I definately recommend buying it because in my opinion the game play and graphics are a pretty big step up from 2k15. It's probaly early to tell but so far it's in contention for best sports game of the year in my opinion.
Old 09-25-2015, 01:16 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 4

What about MyLeague ?
Old 09-25-2015, 01:17 PM   #75
Pro

OVR: 0

Here's a new one guys.

First game after installing I quit the demo game, changed the game to ALL STAR/SIM and changed it to 11 minute quarters.

Played warriors at rockets at home. Now, listen to this. First possession of the game I inbound the ball and Trevor ariza is playing steph AND guarding me full court. It forced the ball out of Curry's hand and at first I was forcing him to bring it up court and forcing shots.

Then I'm like hold on, let Klay bring the ball up court and run floppy like sets with ariza and things will open up. I did that and scored a quick 6 with Curry and began posting up Barnes on Beverly before starters subbed out. Start of second quarter I'm expecting Ariza to be Playing me full again and preparing to eat him alive with off ball screen sets and get some easy post position with Harrison. Second quarter starts and now I have Beverly playing Curry full court.

After that I went to bed but just that little adjust meant is worth noting guys. Let's keep it real, those are things even WE don't do in our schemes.

Real deal, fellas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 01:18 PM   #76
Rookie

SaruAqua's Arena

OVR: 0

The game is unbelievable. Only been the first day but this might surpass 2K11 and already be the GOAT basketball video game of all time and I haven't even touched My Team or My Career yet!!!!!!!

With that said, since everyone already posted their impressions on the game, I'm going to keep mine short and sweet:

The player models look mindboggling. Myself and "LeBronIsTheKing" caught criticism from other posters for wanting the player models of '06 Wade/'13 Wade and '07 LeBron/'13 LeBron to look completely different from each other and 2K made that happen. I'm right now shaking just being able to practice with the '06 Heat again.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *Ric Flair voice*
PF: Vacant/Ruby Draymond/Ruby Bosh
C: Diamond Mikan/Ruby Towns
Old 09-25-2015, 01:20 PM   #77

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Loving the game so far even though im 0-2 vs the cpu. Foot planting is great. Played a game against the Rockets and Harden just went to work on me. So far im kinda struggling with jumpshots. Seems less forgiving this year and I like that. Forces you to learn and get better.
Old 09-25-2015, 01:22 PM   #78
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Some quick hitters:

• Movement feels MUCH better. Walking the ball up the court feels right and the walking pace was increased just a tad. Also the zone on the stick for walking/sprinting was widened a bit so it doesn't feel out of control (move the stick a fraction of a millimeter and all of the sudden you are sprinting up court) like last year. Also on defense, you can move around more freely without that magnetic force/stuck in quicksand feel.

• They added the ability to hide the cursor in replay mode. THANK THE LAWD.

• Ball physics on the rim got a nice upgrade. Looks more natural.

• Blocks are much improved. I spent hours upon hours last year tweaking sliders to try to get a realistic number of blocks from the CPU. Something tells me that will no longer be a problem this year.

• It is not easy to get around defenders using the dribble. Could be me needing some more time in tutorials/practice, but turboing around guys at will is no longer possible.

• Relocation/rebrand feature: HOLY. ****. This is absolutely insane. The number of customization options is mind-blowing. Almost PC-level customization and editing ability, right from my PS4. This is awesome. Every other sports game needs this. Imagine being able to customize stadium advertisements in MLB the Show in this matter. Ahhh!

• The 12-minute quarter highlight issue for PS4 lives on. This makes me a sad panda.

• Overall, this is the most polished sports game I have ever played. From gameplay to presentation to features, it it just oozes confidence and quality.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 09-25-2015, 01:24 PM   #79
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Fastbreaks are a thing of beauty now because of the speed differential between players..so far no center is catching up to a guard on a break from what i've seen so far

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2015, 01:24 PM   #80
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadazz
I tried to play it like 2K15 without read it controls (Big mistake). That didn't work. Controls are different. Played 2 play now games. First one was against the Cavs. My Bulls couldn't hit a thing from outside. LBJ was the fastest strongest person out there. Lost by eight. Played against Spurs. Thunder had started hot and then Spurs got hot. One thing I learned is, dont bring weak stuff to hole. Spurs were blocking everything. KD had to put it to over time and pulled out the win.

This game feels much tighter that 2K15 Takes some time to get use to shooting again. Playing (EA Game) got me using the shoot button by accident. I'll spend a day or so reprogramming my brain.

Love this game.
I did the same thing and yeah, big mistake. I've been watching 2KU videos and just playing random games and am starting to get a better handle on the control changes.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »