Home

The 99 club- all the 99 ratings

This is a discussion on The 99 club- all the 99 ratings within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2015, 05:24 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: The 99 club- all the 99 ratings

As soon as I saw the 99 consistency players went down to 98 I knew this HoF rsting system was hogwash. Willing to bet thats all that happened across the board for all the attributes.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 09-26-2015, 09:26 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 1

Curry, the greatest three point shooter that ever lived, only has 95 on standing threes (okay, maybe there's a better spot up shooter out there), and 95 on moving threes (huh?).

Who has 99 moving threes? Is this meant for curls? Then what rating determines off the dribble three point shooting?
Old 09-26-2015, 10:07 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

No one does. That's why I think 2k is getting real on point with their ratings. Make the legends stand out from a current good defender or good post player and see what great is.

I agree with these. Keep working on them historics 2k

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2015, 10:09 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Curry, the greatest three point shooter that ever lived, only has 95 on standing threes (okay, maybe there's a better spot up shooter out there), and 95 on moving threes (huh?).

Who has 99 moving threes? Is this meant for curls? Then what rating determines off the dribble three point shooting?
My guess is no one "has to be" a 99 in every stat. With the idea that you won't be considered at all for 99 unless you were basically the best at it. Being the best ever doesn't mean you will rate 99, though.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:17 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey96
My guess is no one "has to be" a 99 in every stat. With the idea that you won't be considered at all for 99 unless you were basically the best at it. Being the best ever doesn't mean you will rate 99, though.

That seems a strange choice, unless they are anticipating players to be significant better than a freakish Curry.

I actually think they would have been better off allowing Curry to set the anchor for three point shooting while reducing some of his stats. 97 Pass? Even as a Curry homer I'm not quite sure about that. A higher all time shot rating will allow his rating to stay high without artificial bumps elsewhere.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:26 PM   #14
Rookie

cbpo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
That seems a strange choice, unless they are anticipating players to be significant better than a freakish Curry.

I actually think they would have been better off allowing Curry to set the anchor for three point shooting while reducing some of his stats. 97 Pass? Even as a Curry homer I'm not quite sure about that. A higher all time shot rating will allow his rating to stay high without artificial bumps elsewhere.
Curry's pass is 97? rofl that's stupid. Especially with this "hof" scale. Completely agree with you though, def should be 99 moving 3 and passing should probably be like an 89 realistically. So according to 2k, hes slightly worse passer than stockton lol
Old 09-26-2015, 03:33 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbpo
Curry's pass is 97? rofl that's stupid. Especially with this "hof" scale. Completely agree with you though, def should be 99 moving 3 and passing should probably be like an 89 realistically. So according to 2k, hes slightly worse passer than stockton lol

Thinking a little about it, some of Curry's passes are uncannily accurate at distance, because he sort of applies his freakish ability to throw balls and hit tight spaces. His turnovers are usually due to bad decision making when pressured or hot dogging it.

He's great but not an all time passer (as far as playmaking) though. I think his pass IQ is at 91? I'm okay with him being extremely accurate if his overall effectiveness isn't at Stockton/Magic levels.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2015, 03:41 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbpo
As I have been saying ad nausea for the last month... the "HoF rating system" was marketing and did not lead to any major changes.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »