Home

green release 3s on all star or higher

This is a discussion on green release 3s on all star or higher within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2015, 11:21 PM   #1
Rookie

Maligx's Arena

OVR: 0
green release 3s on all star or higher

Is it just me or has anyone else experienced the fact you cannot get a perfect release 3 on all star or higher. On pro i can hit them fine but anything higher and it's always early or late no matter what. This is using bunch of different players in practice mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 11:23 PM   #2
Rookie

willcoll's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: green release 3s on all star or higher

I have but it was from the high school 3 point line so I don't know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://glb2.warriorgeneral.com/game/signup?ref=401236
Old 09-25-2015, 11:27 PM   #3
Pro

IUxHOOSIERS's Arena

OVR: 2

As with a lot of different stuff on this game, I think we all need to realize that some things are going to take some time to get used to. When 2k15 came out nobody could shoot, and I see similar issues this year. Everything will get easier as time goes on, and I believe getting perfect releases will become easier as we play the game more.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:37 PM   #4
Rookie

Maligx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUxHOOSIERS
As with a lot of different stuff on this game, I think we all need to realize that some things are going to take some time to get used to. When 2k15 came out nobody could shoot, and I see similar issues this year. Everything will get easier as time goes on, and I believe getting perfect releases will become easier as we play the game more.
No I don't believe that at all. They changed something fundamentally, like last year there was that bug that prevented green release 3s on superstar and hall of fame at default game speed of 50. They fixed that with patch 4. This is similar in that I cannot hit a green release 3 with stephen curry on all-star and higher difficulty after hundreds of shots in practice.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:38 PM   #5
Banned

I love it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 11:40 PM   #6
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Anyone play with curry and feel like his shot is delayed or laggy? It seems like I release the shot stick but it takes an extra second for him to actually shoot it.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:55 PM   #7
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Does getting a green release really matter? Isn't the definition of a green release simply "a higher percentage the shot will go in, but not guarantee it will go in?" You can still make shots without green release.

I know this year, I have to get my players feet set and shoulder squared to have success shooting even with Steph and Klay. As a Warriors fan all my life, I will only use the Warriors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligx
Is it just me or has anyone else experienced the fact you cannot get a perfect release 3 on all star or higher. On pro i can hit them fine but anything higher and it's always early or late no matter what. This is using bunch of different players in practice mode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IUxHOOSIERS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligx
No I don't believe that at all. They changed something fundamentally, like last year there was that bug that prevented green release 3s on superstar and hall of fame at default game speed of 50. They fixed that with patch 4. This is similar in that I cannot hit a green release 3 with stephen curry on all-star and higher difficulty after hundreds of shots in practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Anyone play with curry and feel like his shot is delayed or laggy? It seems like I release the shot stick but it takes an extra second for him to actually shoot it.
I'll have to practice with Curry more, but I think I might have to just flick the right stick immediately and release immediately because his release is quick.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 09-25-2015 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:08 AM   #8
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Does getting a green release really matter? Isn't the definition of a green release simply "a higher percentage the shot will go in, but not guarantee it will go in?" You can still make shots without green release.

I know this year, I have to get my players feet set and shoulder squared to have success shooting even with Steph and Klay. As a Warriors fan all my life, I will only use the Warriors.

I'll have to practice with Curry more, but I think I might have to just flick the right stick immediately and release immediately because his release is quick.
Last year green release was an automatic make but this year they said it's not so I don't see why people are freaking out.

And yea it might be currys Lightning quick release that's messing me up. I don't play with the Warriors much but I remember having the same problem with Kevin Martin on the TWolves

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »