Home

How do i get past CPU?

This is a discussion on How do i get past CPU? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2015, 08:33 PM   #217
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: How do i get past CPU?

Ok everyone ..getting past the defender is easy even without signature moves

The trick is lay off turbo use it to explode then if you don't get the step on the D let go because the D becomes more aggressive as soon as you hit turbo only use it when you have the space and lane to drive

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2015, 09:57 AM   #218
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

so i noticed in the 2 topics, mine and the "CPU isnt hard, Get good" Topic that there are two sides to this.

" CPU CHEATS, SLides and warps " Crowd and the "CPU is Fine Take what they give you" crowd from my experince why cant you both be right? while yes this this you have to Take what the CPU gives you, there times where even while doing this, you get throw into some BS situations where the CPU magically has the best lateral movement in history when that happens, what ever happens happens. but you cant blame people for being mad.

"people just mad they cant iso past the CPU" while yes iso ball is bad, you really cant get mad at people who want to take a BAD DEFENDER/ MisMatch 1 on 1. melo/ISO JOe vs Korver, niether arent going to pass that ball, both will take on korver and 3 out of 5 times they will probaly take him and hope no help comes.

trying out some of the tips, some of these may look messy but i work at making them look cleaner

and strangly i feel that the CPU PLAYS ME, HARDER THAN THE OTHER 9 CPUS on the court 75% of the time

Last edited by Ownal0t; 10-01-2015 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:10 AM   #219
Rookie

meccs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scofield
Just so there's as much clarity as possible. This is the type of warping/sliding that needs to be addressed. In those examples the CPU is clearly beaten and still manages to recover.
He posted very good examples indeed! This stuff was there in 2K15, not that extreme though. This is probably a cheap way for them to "improve" the AI defense. It definitely fits right in with the balls that clip through hands and bodies.
Old 12-24-2015, 04:15 PM   #220
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scofield
Just so there's as much clarity as possible. This is the type of warping/sliding that needs to be addressed. In those examples the CPU is clearly beaten and still manages to recover.
So I've only had the game for a couple weeks... but man after almost twenty games practice I just don't know if I can handle this game. I know this thread is months old... have people gotten used to this issue? Is it supposed to have been fixed by a patch? I won't even touch "missed layups..." in this thread, but this game seems to have some major issues to me
Old 12-24-2015, 08:12 PM   #221
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6
How do i get past CPU?

Ai defense is still pretty unrealistic.

When the ai defender bits (if they bite at all) on a move they snap right back into place as you make your move.

Biggs still able to keep with much faster players in isolation.

Ai defenders can still affect shots they aren't even close to especially at the rim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 12-24-2015 at 08:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2015, 08:59 PM   #222
MVP

OVR: 15

I use Simworld sliders, but I turn CPU Man Defense down to 20. It seens to loosen the game up a bit.

This is my biggest concern with 2k16. Really hope they clean all of this up for 2k17
Old 12-26-2015, 10:19 PM   #223
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I use Simworld sliders, but I turn CPU Man Defense down to 20. It seens to loosen the game up a bit.

This is my biggest concern with 2k16. Really hope they clean all of this up for 2k17
Do you mean the On Ball Defense slider? Just for clarity. It's not like a coaching slider right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »