Home

Exploit of the year CHERRY PICK & Football passes ARE BACK for Online Quick Matches??

This is a discussion on Exploit of the year CHERRY PICK & Football passes ARE BACK for Online Quick Matches?? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2015, 12:24 PM   #9
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Exploit of the year CHERRY PICK & Football passes ARE BACK for Online Quick Match

I have played at least 7 games and have not seen this to be an issue. What I did see though was a guy use the Clippers and simply pick and roll lob all game smh
Old 09-28-2015, 12:28 PM   #10
Pro

lkasprzak's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Exploit of the year CHERRY PICK & Football passes ARE BACK for Online Quick Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by trandoanhung1991
What's stopping you from doing the same thing defense-wise? i.e. as soon as you shoot, take a player closest to mid court and run back?
Its about playing decent basketball game, realistic game, not running like crazy back and forth.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Old 09-28-2015, 01:18 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've had this issue to no matter what defense I pick or setting they do not tend to stick with the guys. pass out hall tail sideline then up the baseline. any settings that might work I would love to hear.

Even if I chose to smother the person, play tight, limit transition. they never seem to stick with the person. any suggestions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 01:40 PM   #12
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOldMachine
This topic is exclusively for ONLINE Quick Rank Matches (my main and only mode):

7 out of 10 Online games i'm experiencing this exploit. Cheesers are abusing it. No matter how good defense i put, or how well a put my coaching settings or defense emphasis or "limit transition",etc etc etcccc,,, my opponents cherry pickers are wayyyyy too fast and my defense is tooooo LOW to get back into the paint to stop the cherry pick.

The root of the problem is: long football passes are way too accurate and unrealistic.

This MUST be patched ASAP. It is destroying the SIM experience for Online mode. By the way, I think this is the only exploit I've found so far.

The patch shall:

1- increase the Defense speed in order to get back soon and stop the cherry picker.

2- decrease (or eliminate to a decent extent) the accuracy of those long football passes which feed the cherry pick.

I know people will start arguing: "so if the cheeser if cherrypicking, it means its a 5 vs 4 mismatch so there shouldn't be a problem"

But the problem is: the cheeser is playing 5 vs. 5, but AS SOON AS I shoot (and my opponent sees the ball taking off my player's hand), the cheeser pick up IMMEDIATELY the player closer to the halfcourt line in order to commence the cherrypick. If I miss the shot,,,,BANG!!!!!!!,,,he throws the unrealistic 100% accurate football pass and guess what??? easy 2pts.

I've tried all defense strategies, and don't work.

This is destroying the Online Quick Rank Matches SIM experience. This is the new exploit of the year. I thought it was corrected in 2k12. By the way, the last time i saw effective cherrypicking and unrealistic football passes was in 2k12 Online Mode.

Although I believe you it seems you have unrealistic expectations of people actually playing sim bball online..Hell I play real pick up games at the gym with these young cats it's isolation bball every rip hardly no one plays D, they wait at half court and run down for a easy basket..

So I would say 2k probably got it right lol.......
Old 09-28-2015, 01:45 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0

I've experienced this in Pro-AM as well. Even when you get back properly to defend this exploit, they still score and receive super accurate, undisrupted passes despite tight defense.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:24 PM   #14
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Lol @ The patch Shall...that made me chuckle for some reason.

How often do you guys see these long 'football passes' go out of bounds in real life?

Not trying to jam you man, but I don't see an issue. Stop trying so hard for the offensive rebound and get back on D, make that the number 1 priority.

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Old 09-28-2015, 02:51 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
Although I believe you it seems you have unrealistic expectations of people actually playing sim bball online..Hell I play real pick up games at the gym with these young cats it's isolation bball every rip hardly no one plays D, they wait at half court and run down for a easy basket..

So I would say 2k probably got it right lol.......
I don't have unrealistic expectations. The problem is that the cherry picking & football passes were already eliminated since 2k13. In other words, 2k13, 2k14 and 2k15 didn't have this concern.

Last edited by GoodOldMachine; 09-28-2015 at 02:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 02:54 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
Lol @ The patch Shall...that made me chuckle for some reason.

How often do you guys see these long 'football passes' go out of bounds in real life?

Not trying to jam you man, but I don't see an issue. Stop trying so hard for the offensive rebound and get back on D, make that the number 1 priority.
I dont try for the Offensive Rebound. What i do is running back on D super super super quickly with Kawhi Leonard (a top perimeter defender), or with a quick guard. My defensive players are way slower than my opponent cherrypicker player. Its like a bug in which the offensive player cherrypicking got a speed boost and there is no way to stop it on time.

But running back and forth in every single play its not realistic. If 2k patches this, (which 2k did in 2k13), this issue would be solved successfully.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »