Home

Some of these ratings prove that the 2k team doesn't watch/play basketball

This is a discussion on Some of these ratings prove that the 2k team doesn't watch/play basketball within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2015, 01:25 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Some of these ratings make it seem like the 2k team doesn't watch/play basketball

How does an entire staff overlook ratings like:

2004-2005 Steve Nash having a B+ rating as a defender. His defensive attributes match up with guys like Chris Paul, Avery Bradley, and Russell Westbrook. What makes this so comical is the fact that 2002-2003 Steve Nash had a 65 on ball defensive rating.

So somehow Nash was 2 years older, playing for a worse defensive team, and his defensive rating jumped by 19 points. Yall need to put his defense back at 65 where it belongs.

Shawn Kemp has a 60 midrange jumper rating. They gave Richard Hamilton an 89 3 point rating despite shooting 24 percent from 3

They gave Pierre Jackson a 25 dunk rating and a 60 vertical
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls-4PFZmKbE

Hakeem Olajuwon has a 73 midrange jumpers. Compare that to some of these other big mens ratings and explain how that makes sense.

I could give examples for days

If you're too lazy to do accurate ratings then hire someone who knows what they're talking about.

Last edited by houston911; 09-27-2015 at 04:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 01:29 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Some of these ratings prove that the 2k team doesn't watch/play basketball

I think overall the ratings are fine. Some of the potential ratings really blew me away. Shabazz Muhammad at 75, Andrew Wiggins at 86, and Zach Lavine. All are at least like 7 too low.
Old 09-27-2015, 01:29 PM   #3
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston911
How does an entire staff overlook ratings like:

2004-2005 Steve Nash having a B+ rating as a defender. His defensive attributes match up with guys like Chris Paul, Avery Bradley, and Russell Westbrook. What makes this so comical is the fact that 2002-2003 Steve Nash had a 65 on ball defensive rating.

So somehow Nash was 2 years older, playing for a worse defensive team, and his defensive rating jumped by 19 points. Yall need to put his defense back at 65 where it belongs.

Shawn Kemp has a 60 midrange jumper rating. They gave Richard Hamilton an 89 3 point rating despite shooting 24 percent from 3

They gave Pierre Jackson a 25 dunk rating and a 60 vertical
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls-4PFZmKbE

Hakeem Olajuwon has a 73 midrange jumpers. Compare that to some of these other big mens ratings and explain how that makes sense.

I could give examples for days

If you're too lazy to do accurate ratings then hire someone who knows what they're talking about.
Yeah the 06 Rip from 3 was nice but not in the championship run.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 09-27-2015, 01:29 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I don't disagree with you. Jeff Teague literally does not dunk on these default rosters, it's kinda ridiculous.

I will say though that Richard Hamilton did have like a 90 three point rating in NBA 2K7 because he shot like %50 from three on 80 total attempts the year prior or something lol

Old 09-27-2015, 01:56 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don’t think the ratings are bad, but the examples you brought up are on point. I could have sworn that as the year progressed last year, they kept tweaking ratings and it got better…even with the classics. I think they had Petrovic with a low rating and a pretty poor potential but he seemed to get a boost at some point last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 01:59 PM   #6
Banned

Harden had an A in perimeter defense. That's when I decided not to look deeply into them and just play

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2015, 02:03 PM   #7
Rookie

Nobody in the world is 100% unbiased. Meaning that a 2k employee in charge of ratings is likely to be biased toward some of his personal favorite players, pampering them with some rating boost love!!!
Old 09-27-2015, 02:07 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsanityLives
Harden had an A in perimeter defense. That's when I decided not to look deeply into them and just play

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Harden does have the capability of playing A type defense as far speed and athleticism.. What harden lacks is his defensive iq, his willingness to play defense

Harden defensive iq and awareness are probably sub par but everything else that make great defense should be there

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »