Home

How many VCs to start MyCareer

This is a discussion on How many VCs to start MyCareer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2015, 11:44 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How many VCs to start MyCareer

Hey guys,

I donīt want to play a lot of games with my Myplayer rated a 55.
Therefore I want to amass some VCs before I start MyCareer.

At the moment I have about 30000 VC collected. Is that enough to modestly boost my ratings in at least two categories? (shooting & passing / dribbling)

If not, how many VCs (~) do I need to upgrade MyPlayer rather quickly?
Iīm going to wait for the first roster update anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 11:53 AM   #2
Pro

Re: How many VCs to start MyCareer

30K should take you out of the dumpster and maybe into the 70s

you'd probably need to drop 20 bucks on the 75K to max out your player but why would you do a crazy thing like that
Old 09-30-2015, 12:03 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I had the pre order bonus and it was rough the first year but in the second year it is really easy to get Vc. This might be the easiest year to get Vc. I average about 2k Vc per game 12min quarters all star sim. Games are a little less than 30min for me since I just became a starter.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:27 PM   #4
Pro

Hopsin's Arena

To max a guy out at the start is around 70k.. So to get him decent 75-80 ovr you'd probably need 50k or so
Old 09-30-2015, 12:33 PM   #5
Rookie

Unfortunately everyone has given you wrong answers some categories alone take 50k to max out and it takes 140k to max out all the attributes they give you at the start. So depending on what attribute you depend to max out 30k will do little at all to help you. Shooting one of the more expensive attributes will far exceed that.

GT: I Taught James
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 12:42 PM   #6
Pro

Hopsin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITaughtJames
Unfortunately everyone has given you wrong answers some categories alone take 50k to max out and it takes 140k to max out all the attributes they give you at the start. So depending on what attribute you depend to max out 30k will do little at all to help you. Shooting one of the more expensive attributes will far exceed that.

GT: I Taught James

I'm just saying 50-70k will give him a competent player to start out with. It would be pointless to honestly max out at the big inning bc then you'll have some very glaring weaknesses.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:42 PM   #7
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

It takes 238,000 vc to max a pg-outside MyPlayer. To maximize shooting you need 55,000 vc. To maximize the next bucket to the right you need 38,000. 45,000 for the next bucket, 41,000 for the one after that 22,000 vc and 37,000 round it off.

I would want to maximize defense and whichever shooting bucket you prefer, so I'd recommend 92,000 vc if you want to stack your MyPlayer right out of the gate.

30k will get your player in the low 60's, depending how you spend your points.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:46 PM   #8
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

Depends on your player. 30K is great to start considering I got my PF from a 55 to a 63 with 10K. Then, with the park games I played and going from rookie 1 to pro 1, I was at about a 67. By the end of my rookie season (8 games) I was a 70. Right now, at about 12-15 games in my second season, I'm a 77 off of endorsements and gameplay.

BTW you get more VC this year in a game now. It says you'll get like 800 VC after one game, but because of the huge amount of accolades this is, you can easily get close to 2K VC some games. Accolades are frequent and so are the endorsements. They pay well. Not to mention, there's the myNBA2K16 app to get more VC per day dropping tomorrow. You'll be set, and the myCareer is pretty fun on the court. Just don't buy VC lol

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »