Home

2k16 Jordan Edition includes Full-game Download

This is a discussion on 2k16 Jordan Edition includes Full-game Download within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2015, 09:30 AM   #9
Rookie

LakerPride's Arena

OVR: 0
I don't think they would fix it. That would be hurting their customers and it was their own fault.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:02 AM   #10
Rookie

Re: 2k16 Jordan Edition includes Full-game Download

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerPride
I don't think they would fix it. That would be hurting their customers and it was their own fault.

Well I only found it out by accident. Dont know the amount of people who know this. All in all would be a smart business decision to fix it if you're just thinking money wise

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2015, 12:26 PM   #11
Rookie

Legendary24's Arena

Icon11 Re: 2k16 Jordan Edition includes Full-game Download

Wow so you can get two games for the price of one? 2K better patch this right away before someone exploits it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 01:04 PM   #12
Rookie

lsalas76's Arena

OVR: 4

I wish I knew about this beforehand. I actually had this version preordered at Best Buy a month before release and I thought I was gaurunteed to be able to pick up the game on the 25th, but when I went to pick up the game, the store did not get any copies in and would not get any until Tuesday the 29th. I was pissed cus I really wanted to play the game(that was advertised as being released on Sept 25th if you preordered it) so I just bought the regular version.

Would have been nice to have the digital download code to pass along to my brother.

I may just have to get the Ps4 version then, if this works for that system too.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:27 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Flash15
This is extremely YMMV, but I now know 3 X1 people who have come across the same finding.

This is YMMV because I don't have the edition, but I know three people who have the Jordan 2k16 Edition on X1and have redeemed the DLC code. However, the DLC code seems to be a full-game download of NBA 2k16. How did they come across this? Because they were playing 2k16 normally and fully, without the physical disc inside.

Anyone with the Jordan Edition want to try to further confirm this by playing their 2k16 without the disc inside?

FINALLY someone else!!! I didn't preorder the Jordan edition but i did preorder the regular early tip off, once I put in the DLC code , it downloaded the full game.... I didn't even notice, I was installing the game, then put in the code and it reset the install, I figured it was the patch...but I went to play madden and afterwards I ran the 2k16 and my daughter picked up the physical disc off of the xbox, and I was like huh? and needless to say i've been playing without the disc since thursday, and the file on my xbox is a full 44gb file rather than the 20-30 gb install file
Old 10-01-2015, 10:30 PM   #14
Rookie

lsalas76's Arena

Actually, I just looked and low and behold my game came with a code to download the game. I ended up buying the regular edition on Friday after Best Buy didnt have the Jordan edition that I preordered.

Im sure this was somewhat intentional by 2k16 but must have been meant for those who preordered any version only, but all the stores were selling the game on the 25th and you didnt even have to preorder it.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:46 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

So wait, if I go get this version right now from my Best Buy (which they have in stock), there will possibly be a code in the box? Or was it a preorder code?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 12:37 AM   #16
MVP

swac07's Arena

Yup happened to me as well

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »