Home

One Thing That Never Made Sense To Me

This is a discussion on One Thing That Never Made Sense To Me within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2015, 06:40 AM   #1
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

OVR: 0
One Thing That Never Made Sense To Me

This might be a minor issue to some of you guys and even I consider this a minor complaint/gripe but I see this in NBA 2K games for the longest and maybe just maybe the developers will try something different....

Here is my issue:

When I'm playing an association, my career, ect game why do I see fake highlights/clips on the intro of the two teams that are about to play against each other when they haven't even played the game yet? Yeah it looks cool visually but it's not realistic and since 2K appears to take pride in their "TV style presentation" maybe they should look into changing it and try something different. Here's an idea for improvements...Why not show clips of games that we've actually played and not those fake ones that we haven't. Make a storyline intro with a narrator on it like how NBA on NBC did it back in the days and keep those beautiful shots of the bridges and skylines like they do this year.

Last edited by SeaTownGamer; 10-05-2015 at 06:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 07:30 AM   #2
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Re: One Thing That Never Made Sense To Me

Most real broadcasts use clips from previous games either between the two match ups or even against different teams. However, these companies have massive databases of film and often will splice in footage from a players entire career if they're a veteran when they hit a huge milestone ( every time dirk is about to jump someone in all time scoring they always have a little montage) because that's hard copy film or digitaly stored in data centers around the country...

Your system does not have the capacity to store all your highlights from a previous game let alone your career. This is why if you play 12 minutes on ps4 you don't even get the end of game highlights.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:32 AM   #3
nox
Rookie

nox's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
This might be a minor issue to some of you guys and even I consider this a minor complaint/gripe but I see this in NBA 2K games for the longest and maybe just maybe the developers will try something different....

Here is my issue:

When I'm playing an association, my career, ect game why do I see fake highlights/clips on the intro of the two teams that are about to play against each other when they haven't even played the game yet? Yeah it looks cool visually but it's not realistic and since 2K appears to take pride in their "TV style presentation" maybe they should look into changing it and try something different. Here's an idea for improvements...Why not show clips of games that we've actually played and not those fake ones that we haven't. Make a storyline intro with a narrator on it like how NBA on NBC did it back in the days and keep those beautiful shots of the bridges and skylines like they do this year.

loading an extra random team for the video intro requires allot man, it's just a minor thing and looks awesome as it is, I see no need for it myself
Old 10-05-2015, 07:39 AM   #4
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
Most real broadcasts use clips from previous games either between the two match ups or even against different teams. However, these companies have massive databases of film and often will splice in footage from a players entire career if they're a veteran when they hit a huge milestone ( every time dirk is about to jump someone in all time scoring they always have a little montage) because that's hard copy film or digitaly stored in data centers around the country...

Your system does not have the capacity to store all your highlights from a previous game let alone your career. This is why if you play 12 minutes on ps4 you don't even get the end of game highlights.

I understand but when Jamal Crawford (got him from a trade) or my player never played a game against that team in a Nets uniform in my career then it's a problem.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:41 AM   #5
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Quote:
I understand but when Jamal Crawford (got him from a trade) or my player never played a game against that team in a Nets uniform in my career then it's a problem.
That's not a "problem" that's a pet peeve. That's also intentional.

You do have a skip option. I'm trying to be helpful so don't take this the wrong way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 07:46 AM   #6
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
That's not a "problem" that's a pet peeve. That's also intentional.

You do have a skip option. I'm trying to be helpful so don't take this the wrong way.

Pet peeve whatever. Like I said on my first post its a minor complaint/gripe. I am not taking your post personal at all. I'm a guy who likes to record gameplay and play the game on broadcast to get a "tv presentation feel" and this kills it for me. I only skip intros of games I don't plan on recording the gameplay.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:54 AM   #7
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Quote:
Pet peeve whatever. Like I said on my first post its a minor complaint/gripe. I am not taking your post personal at all. I'm a guy who likes to record gameplay and play the game on broadcast to get a "tv presentation feel" and this kills it for me. I only skip intros of games I don't plan on recording the gameplay.
"Immersion" is a word that gets thrown around here quite often as if this game is supposed to feel like real life. While it's the closest it's been, my friends still like to point out its still a video game.

I can appreciate what you're trying to do, the knee jerk reaction to create a thread over something i believe to be rudimentary is something I'm entitled to.

I'm more frustrated with actual glaring issues with the game. The issues you see a new thread pop up about on an hourly basis almost.

I'm not saying i haven't created threads on little issues but I'm not seeing the problem here. I may take the game too seriously compared to others, but some people here can take that to the extreme.

Using words like "hate" and "kills me" are very strong and am trying to get better at staying away from those as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »