Home

Mid Range Shot Cheese Is Back With Full Force!

This is a discussion on Mid Range Shot Cheese Is Back With Full Force! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2015, 02:17 PM   #25
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14
Re: Mid Range Shot Cheese Is Back With Full Force!

The only time I've seen this as cheese is someone who had a 7'0 SG sharpshooter (ugh) with a high release, who shot nothing but elbow jumpers all game. Being a 6'5 SG, there was nothing I could do at that point.

Other than that, there's not a problem here. I've seen players absolutely refuse to play lockdown D in the park, and get burned for it. Welcome to basketball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2015, 03:09 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Lets be real here. If you leave kobe open for a wide open mid the entire game he won't miss in real life, so nor should "superstar" players in the park. Have you seen nba players warm up? They don't miss wide open mids

GT: I Taught James
Old 10-06-2015, 03:11 PM   #27
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

I've made some tweaks to lower mid-range shot %'s, as well as slightly raise layups and 3's. The changes should be deployed tonight if everything goes as planned.
Old 10-06-2015, 03:14 PM   #28
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
I've made some tweaks to lower mid-range shot %'s, as well as slightly raise layups and 3's. The changes should be deployed tonight if everything goes as planned.

Is this for offline or online?
Old 10-06-2015, 03:16 PM   #29
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyGuy10
This dude just played the best defense anybody could have possibly done, and the first thing that comes to your mind is if he has a certain badge?! It should not come down to that!
The Park = not sim

I would be concerned if it was a vid from a 12 minute game. So yeah... it's the damn park where badges matter.

This **** is normal if the guy has unfazed and deadeye.
Old 10-06-2015, 03:28 PM   #30
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
Everything must be patched ASAP - since someone used this cheese to win.

Demands like this led to Patch 4 last year and we know how well that turned out.

Present your evidence of this issue then suggest solutions... but don't demand changes asap.
What led to patch 4 was 2Ks inability to balance things. most of the releases in the game are broken? cool lets fix them all and on top of that bump up the % on made 3's. what could go wrong?

Every time they try to balance a mechanic they go completely overboard. one year steal spam is OP, the next year you can't get on ball steals period. one year there are too many blocked dunks, the next year you can't block dunks at all.

It's a shame that I have to be afraid to talk about open 3's not falling and/or mid range going in way too much because if they attempt to fix it I know for a fact they'll make whatever the original problem is just as bad in the opposite direction.

Last edited by Biizz713; 10-06-2015 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-06-2015, 03:40 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biizz713

It's a shame that I have to be afraid to talk about open 3's not falling and/or mid range going in way too much because if they attempt to fix it I know for a fact they'll make whatever the original problem is just as bad in the opposite direction.

Smh Looks like a fix is already in place. I guess we'll see how everything turns out tonight. I personally had no issue with mid ranges as defense has improved this year. Now if everybody starts chucking up 3's after this update like they did in 2k15 we'll see a thread on that soon. People are never satisfied.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2015, 04:01 PM   #32
Just started!

Guys since we are discussing shooting, regarding using the two different shooting options, Shot Timing and REAL FG%

Shot Timing success is based on shot release AND that players shot rating
REAL FG% success based on players shot rating

Is the above true, or does Shot Timing not factor in shot ratings of that individual player at all, but ONLY timing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »