Home

Mid Range Shot Cheese Is Back With Full Force!

This is a discussion on Mid Range Shot Cheese Is Back With Full Force! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2015, 06:40 PM   #65
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Mid Range Shot Cheese Is Back With Full Force!

Lmao one thread says shooting is too difficult the next one says it's to easy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2015, 06:45 PM   #66
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANCHIZE NW
I hope these "tweaks" being made are extremely minor. I won't complain about a minor nerf to the mid-range jumper, and small buff to the layup percentage, but I think the 3 point shot was perfectly fine where it was. I think the skill gap in 3 point shooters was wide enough to make it a specialty rather than a given, like past games. Everybody shouldnt be able to drain a 3 at a crazy percentage.

Also, my friend got limitless range, and when we were up big, he was testing the range, so what he did was walk up to about 4 feet from the 3 point line, and jack up a 3. Amazingly, it was going in at about a 50% rate. Which gave us a good laugh because the guys on defense stood at the 3 point line, playing smart, and giving him the long shot, so when it was falling we felt a little bad, because there was nothing the defender should have done differently.
End Rant lol
A million times this. I feel like limitless range shouldn't even be an attainable thing. It forces the D to play high pressure on an area of the floor people have no business shooting from to begin with. Chuck Person, and, to an extent, Dan Majerle are the only guys I even recall consistently shooting that deep, and even then It wasn't off a play to get them a shot that deep, and it certainly wasn't take a step past the half court lin and fire away.

I think maybe the boost should be tuned down if that's the case atleast

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 10-06-2015, 06:47 PM   #67
Rookie

Roger_Black's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicmage
I don't disagree with you, just answering his question.

Speaking to the thread, in any other mode, I would see this as a problem. NBA players should be modeled as true to form as possible. But in MyPark, there are no NBA players, being realistic is not as important, but what *is* really important is gameplay balancing. It's a streetball fantasy mode, and should maintain rochambo rock-paper-scissors balance to stay competitive and fun. If you're going into MyPark and expecting to be fully sim, you're playing the wrong mode. So don't worry about how well Curry or Chris Paul or the NBA guys shoot from midrange IRL, here is more about if it feels fair that a player can drill down an open jumper a little more than usual if the defense is sagging off the shooter too much, and to me the answer is yes. If a defender is playing tight D and the shooter is still able to knock it down consistently, then that'd be a problem.

^^^^ Well put.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:50 PM   #68
Rookie

theoneandbigboi's Arena

So its going be shooting 3s again. Ugh.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2015, 06:57 PM   #69
Rookie

Roger_Black's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUNGFLUENT
Also your last point don't make sense, why would they grab more rebounds if they shoot better with less traffic on the court?

They would grab more rebounds because there are 4 less bodies on the court to fight over rebounds.

You are assuming that ALL shots are going in at a higher percentage, but I was only talking about 'midrange shots'... Which is the shot the LEAST taken in this game. (Before this year)

The midrange game is practically dead in the NBA. (In real life)

And most 2K gamers (in the Park) are too busy hoisting up 3-pointers, trying to 'break ankles', or trying to solo dunk, or throw / or catch 'alley-oops'..... so there's where all the rebounds come in to play - off missed layups & 3's.

Last edited by Roger_Black; 10-06-2015 at 07:00 PM.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:04 PM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger_Black
They would grab more rebounds because there are 4 less bodies on the court to fight over rebounds.

You are assuming that ALL shots are going in at a higher percentage, but I was only talking about 'midrange shots'... Which is the shot the LEAST taken in this game. (Before this year)

Most 2K gamers (in the Park) are too busy hoisting up 3-pointers, trying to 'break ankles', or trying to solo dunk, or throw / or catch 'alley-oops'..... so there's where all the rebounds come in to play - off missed layups & 3's.
That was the case last year where the majority of people that played 3v3 would only shoot 3's but this year since less frequent to make 3's and the fact that they score the midrange/layups as two points now they are finding ways to score from the mid which include going left and right until they get space and do a drifter which goes in majority of the time.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:16 PM   #71
Pro

Clappington's Arena

Since I've been playing park/stage/proam i've said the mid-range is too high of a success people just run around inside the 3 just to try to get a midrange shot with a fast jumper and never miss. been multiple games other team just never misses a mid-range now granted they are open on some of them but I just dont see how anyone can make every single open midrange shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2015, 07:20 PM   #72
Rookie

Roger_Black's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUNGFLUENT
That was the case last year where the majority of people that played 3v3 would only shoot 3's but this year since less frequent to make 3's and the fact that they score the midrange/layups as two points now they are finding ways to score from the mid which include going left and right until they get space and do a drifter which goes in majority of the time.

So maybe you might agree that it's not so much the 'shooting percentages' that are the problem... But instead... it's the 'tactics' used to get open from midrange.

Instead of 'nerfing' the midrange shooting on a whole... just nerf the (left/right) 'zig-zagging' effect that allows gamers to get off midrange shots as if they were wide-open.

If the Devs can tone down the 3-point zig zag... Why not tone down the midrange zig-zagging also?

Nerfing both 3-pointer AND midrange shooting percentages is just going to force everyone to 'turbo' their way to the rim, imo.

And the game might become very 1-dimensional real quick.

Just saying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »