Home

Inbound Plays

This is a discussion on Inbound Plays within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2015, 12:16 AM   #9
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Inbound Plays

Quick 2 Base 2 Up 2

In this clip.. My opponent is lost. Leave the pg wide open. There should of been one more extra pass to Gasol for the even more wide open jumper.

Last edited by jeebs9; 10-12-2015 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:23 AM   #10
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quick 2 Side 13 "3"

This is one of the plays we were talking about. I love the play. But I never get a clean look off the first pass. I always end up run the double pick action.

I'll be posting more as I play more. There are a few other gems out there. There is also this nice post up out of bounds play I run tonight. I didn't record it though. Sorry.

But the main point of this thread. Is just the info.

Last edited by jeebs9; 10-12-2015 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:32 AM   #11
Pro

FloorGeneral's Arena

OVR: 2

You CAN practice in-bounds plays this year, in Practice Plays mode. The plays are littered in with the regular plays, with "base" or "side" in the name. Just add them to a playbook of choice, go into Practice Plays mode, load your roster and they'll be there to practice. Here is a list of all the in-bounding plays, with Quick "2" and "3" designating Mid Range or 3pt, and Punch being Low Post.

Side

Quick Side 3 Up “2”
Quick Side Rip 3 “2”
Quick Side Fade “3”
Quick Side Hammer “3”
Punch Side 14

Baseline

Quick Base 3 Up “2”
Quick Base 12 “2”
Quick Base 23 “2”
Quick Base 32 “3”
Quick Base 41 “3”
Quick Base Rip “3”
Punch Base 35

And yes, there are most definitely some good plays in there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2015, 12:34 AM   #12
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorGeneral
You CAN practice in-bounds plays this year, in Practice Plays mode. The plays are littered in with the regular plays, with "base" or "side" in the name. Just add them to a playbook of choice, go into Practice Plays mode, load your roster and they'll be there to practice. Here is a list of all the in-bounding plays, with Quick "2" and "3" designating Mid Range or 3pt, and Punch being Low Post.

Side

Quick Side 3 Up “2”
Quick Side Rip 3 “2”
Quick Side Fade “3”
Quick Side Hammer “3”
Punch Side 14

Baseline

Quick Base 3 Up “2”
Quick Base 12 “2”
Quick Base 23 “2”
Quick Base 32 “3”
Quick Base 41 “3”
Quick Base Rip “3”
Punch Base 35

Thanks for that info! I'll try it tomorrow!
Old 10-10-2015, 09:46 AM   #13
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:

Side

Quick Side 3 Up “2”
Quick Side Rip 3 “2”
Quick Side Fade “3”
Quick Side Hammer “3”
Punch Side 14

Baseline

Quick Base 3 Up “2”
Quick Base 12 “2”
Quick Base 23 “2”
Quick Base 32 “3”
Quick Base 41 “3”
Quick Base Rip “3”
Punch Base 35

I couldn't get them into the playbook. Can someone explain this for me? Please

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2015, 12:40 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0

All this talk about inbound plays... Is there a way to perform a quick inbound pass after a made bucket, or does the inbounder have to always get into a set spot (takes 3-4 secs) before he'll pass? I've seen and done a quick inbound pass before, but it seems only randomly available.
Old 10-10-2015, 03:26 PM   #15
Pro

FloorGeneral's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I couldn't get them into the playbook. Can someone explain this for me? Please

You created a roster right? You have to create a roster in order to edit a playbook.

Features / Options ---> Roster Creator ---> Create Roster ---> Choose your base (Usually just use "Official 2K Sports Roster"). Name it, then R2/L2 (PS) or RT/LT (Xbox) to the Edit Plays screen, choose which team's PB you wanna add the plays to, and either replace plays that are in the playbook (if you don't have enough room...remember there's a 50 play limit), or push Triangle/Y to just add plays if you do have enough room.

What I usually do is leave the teams PBs alone, and R1/RB to one of the "User Playbooks" (there are 2), and use them as my guinea pigs. Once you have all the plays in the playbook, push circle/B to exit, and save your roster. (I usually choose "Save Roster" but you can pick "Save and Share Roster" if you wanna upload it to 2K's servers).

Go to "Practice Plays", push Triangle/Y at the team select screen to select your now saved roster (should be at the top, right under the 2K and Injury Free Roster. Once you're in practice plays, go to the start menu (Options button on PS, no clue on Xbox), go down to "Gameplan", scroll over to "Coaching Sliders", and in there, scroll down to Playbook and navigate to whichever playbook you edited.

Now you go to players that have the right play type assigned to them (Mid Range/3pt/Low Post) and you should find the in-bounds plays in there available for you to practice. If you added the plays, as opposed to replacing plays that were previously in the PB, the in-bounds plays should be at the top of the list for each play type.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2015, 11:49 PM   #16
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
You created a roster right? You have to create a roster in order to edit a playbook.

Features / Options ---> Roster Creator ---> Create Roster ---> Choose your base (Usually just use "Official 2K Sports Roster"). Name it, then R2/L2 (PS) or RT/LT (Xbox) to the Edit Plays screen, choose which team's PB you wanna add the plays to, and either replace plays that are in the playbook (if you don't have enough room...remember there's a 50 play limit), or push Triangle/Y to just add plays if you do have enough room.

What I usually do is leave the teams PBs alone, and R1/RB to one of the "User Playbooks" (there are 2), and use them as my guinea pigs. Once you have all the plays in the playbook, push circle/B to exit, and save your roster. (I usually choose "Save Roster" but you can pick "Save and Share Roster" if you wanna upload it to 2K's servers).

Go to "Practice Plays", push Triangle/Y at the team select screen to select your now saved roster (should be at the top, right under the 2K and Injury Free Roster. Once you're in practice plays, go to the start menu (Options button on PS, no clue on Xbox), go down to "Gameplan", scroll over to "Coaching Sliders", and in there, scroll down to Playbook and navigate to whichever playbook you edited.

Now you go to players that have the right play type assigned to them (Mid Range/3pt/Low Post) and you should find the in-bounds plays in there available for you to practice. If you added the plays, as opposed to replacing plays that were previously in the PB, the in-bounds plays should be at the top of the list for each play type.
Thank you so much for detailed write up. I really appreciate it!.

I guess I never assigned the plays to the players. Thank you for clearing that up. Even old users like me can learn new tricks lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »