Home

Old 10-11-2015, 10:03 PM   #73
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Ace

Hopefully this update also increases the amount of 3s the CPU takes.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:37 AM   #74
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm so happy to report this. In full disclosure I can't take credit for all of it. Putting def consistency up. I put it on 100. I was finally able to be doubled in the post when I was torching people. First game Zebo vs Spurs. They didn't dbl that much bc I guess they figured Duncan and LA could handle him. Most of the time they did it was when Ginobli was guarding Allen. However they did seem to sink a lot more bc all I was doing was pounding the paint.
Second game MJ vs 93 Hornets. Wing post ups all day. Got doubled after my 13th point. And it wasn't 2k15 dumb double. It was usually opposite post or dig down wing. Usually leaving Rod the Bod open(very smart). Now the doubles didn't come as often or as quick as I like but they did come so that's a start. I maxed help d and they came a tad quicker but still a little slow.
Now the other thing I did was upped offensive consistency bc when I played the Spurs earlier they didn't run the swing. After that they started running it more.
So my theory is 2k has really been pushing wanting to get the casual gamer involved. So at 50 u get half of ace and at 100 u get all of ace. That's jus my theory, take that for what u want. It still needs some tweaking but ace is much better for me at those settings
Old 10-12-2015, 08:37 AM   #75
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
I'm so happy to report this. In full disclosure I can't take credit for all of it. Putting def consistency up. I put it on 100. I was finally able to be doubled in the post when I was torching people. First game Zebo vs Spurs. They didn't dbl that much bc I guess they figured Duncan and LA could handle him. Most of the time they did it was when Ginobli was guarding Allen. However they did seem to sink a lot more bc all I was doing was pounding the paint.
Second game MJ vs 93 Hornets. Wing post ups all day. Got doubled after my 13th point. And it wasn't 2k15 dumb double. It was usually opposite post or dig down wing. Usually leaving Rod the Bod open(very smart). Now the doubles didn't come as often or as quick as I like but they did come so that's a start. I maxed help d and they came a tad quicker but still a little slow.
Now the other thing I did was upped offensive consistency bc when I played the Spurs earlier they didn't run the swing. After that they started running it more.
So my theory is 2k has really been pushing wanting to get the casual gamer involved. So at 50 u get half of ace and at 100 u get all of ace. That's jus my theory, take that for what u want. It still needs some tweaking but ace is much better for me at those settings
Great news man...I just tested Zach posting up for a half no stop and got no doubles. Was very worried you as you were clearly right. Nice to kmow slider adjustments will fix it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2015, 08:38 AM   #76
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Good to hear.

ACE definitely plays out.

I play as the Mavs and we are struggling. But I definitely notice when they lock down on shooters, or increase the pressure in the backcourt.

I got hot with Dirk, and they stuck to him on pick and pops. This opened up lanes for my PG
Old 10-12-2015, 08:56 AM   #77
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
Great news man...I just tested Zach posting up for a half no stop and got no doubles. Was very worried you as you were clearly right. Nice to kmow slider adjustments will fix it
Now beware I was testing so I did backdown sometimes for a 3 or 4 count. But I did see a lot more digs from Kawai and TP and Green. So don't be fooled they won't just right away double you but eventually they will
Old 10-12-2015, 09:51 AM   #78
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
Now beware I was testing so I did backdown sometimes for a 3 or 4 count. But I did see a lot more digs from Kawai and TP and Green. So don't be fooled they won't just right away double you but eventually they will

Just ran a test...Me as Sac v CPU Cavs.

Sliders at 100 as you suggested.

I ran 'post up' Cousins 20 consecutive times down the court....went 15/20....not a single double.

Can basically back in, pump fake, score at will.

Hmmm....they did change defenders...Mosgov, Thompson and even LeBron.

But it was entirely 1 defender.

I am yet to see bigs get doubled by bigs.

The only time I have seen bigs doubled is when I get a mismatch like Zach v Lillard.

I think your original theory is correct, unfortunately.

Double teaming is broken...seems to depend entirely on size.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:53 AM   #79
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

FYI ACE updates are tied to roster updates, not patches.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 10-12-2015, 10:08 AM   #80
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan Darkside
FYI ACE updates are tied to roster updates, not patches.
Huh?

Where did you see this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »