Home

MyCareer - PG can't make ANY outside shots suddenly

This is a discussion on MyCareer - PG can't make ANY outside shots suddenly within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2015, 11:15 AM   #1
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0
MyCareer - PG can't make ANY outside shots suddenly

I spent some of the VC I had upgrading my Balanced PG's outisde scoring bucket. Now my 3pt shot and mid range shot are both in the low 70's. Not great, but a bit better than the mid 60's I was in.

Now I can't hit ANY outside shots. Not just in game, but even in practice during shoot around. After going 0-8 one game, then 2-11 the next (where the 2 makes were layups), I thought something was wrong. So my next off day I went into practice and did some experimenting during shoot around after doing my drills. I counted 22 straight misses from 3 point range. I experimented with later releases, earlier releases, feet set, etc. Nothing would fall from 3 point range. Move in to about 15 feet and I'd get 1 out of 5 at best. Again, this is during shoot around.

Even when my player was in the 60's for shooting, I could make some shots during shoot around. Heck, during my season I was shooting low 40% range overall, and 31% from 3 point range.

No idea what happened. No idea at all. I'm going to start changing my player's shot base and release and see if that makes a difference.

Anyone have any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2015, 11:25 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: MyCareer - PG can't make ANY outside shots suddenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
I spent some of the VC I had upgrading my Balanced PG's outisde scoring bucket. Now my 3pt shot and mid range shot are both in the low 70's. Not great, but a bit better than the mid 60's I was in.

Now I can't hit ANY outside shots. Not just in game, but even in practice during shoot around. After going 0-8 one game, then 2-11 the next (where the 2 makes were layups), I thought something was wrong. So my next off day I went into practice and did some experimenting during shoot around after doing my drills. I counted 22 straight misses from 3 point range. I experimented with later releases, earlier releases, feet set, etc. Nothing would fall from 3 point range. Move in to about 15 feet and I'd get 1 out of 5 at best. Again, this is during shoot around.

Even when my player was in the 60's for shooting, I could make some shots during shoot around. Heck, during my season I was shooting low 40% range overall, and 31% from 3 point range.

No idea what happened. No idea at all. I'm going to start changing my player's shot base and release and see if that makes a difference.

Anyone have any ideas?
Keep improving the jump shooting. Once you get close to 80 you'll be able to hit shots consistently. A lot of the NBA players have high 70 and low 80 ratings for shooting and they score just fine. Once I got my ratings to 77-78 I was able to hit shots consistently.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:29 PM   #3
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Smoove
Keep improving the jump shooting. Once you get close to 80 you'll be able to hit shots consistently. A lot of the NBA players have high 70 and low 80 ratings for shooting and they score just fine. Once I got my ratings to 77-78 I was able to hit shots consistently.
Nope, that isn't what I mean. I'm not talking about hitting shots consistently, I'm talking about missing every single shot even in shoot around. Where as I was able to hit some even when I was in mid 60's range for 3 and mid range shooting ratings. Just ran another off day practice, Missed 14 in a row on the basket on the right. Went down to the basket on the left and hit 1 of 5. Went back to the other basket and missed another 8 in a row, even with near perfect releases. Then I rage quit. Shooting 1/27 in shoot around with a player with a 72 3-point rating, doing my best to get good releases. Something is screwed up here.

I have shot meter turned off, w/feedback turned on.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:02 PM   #4
Pro

Some of the jump shots seem bugged again. Try a different jump shot form. See if that helps.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:08 PM   #5
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Try adding another upgrade. For some unknown reason after upgrading a shooting slot last year, I had this same issue. I could not find any logical rhym or reason for it happening.

It only went away after I upgraded another slot elsewhere. It also only happened a couple of times and was not reproducible, so I could not report it as a bug.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2015, 07:25 PM   #6
Rookie

Roger_Black's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Smoove
Assist.

Just a few days ago, a thread was created called "Midrange Cheese is back" or something like that... and lots of OS gamers were in there complaining that it was 'way too easy' to hit midrange shots..... because they kept losing games to midrange shooters in MyPark.

So a 2K Dev (Beluba) responded to that thread & said he was going to nerf the success rate of midrange shots.

Apparently, it looks like they nerfed BOTH midrange shots... AND 3-point shots, this year. Thanks 2K.

And I can tell because my midrange shooting scores are between 76-78 (and I use the buttons to shoot) and I have been missing a TON of (wide-open) midrange shots that are somewhere around 97-99% rating on the shot meter.

So now the only midrange shots that go in (consistently) are perfect 'green releases'... which is ridiculous.

We shouldn't have to depend on a 'perfect release' on every single shot taken... to score consistently.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »