Home

Inbounding outlett pass madness

This is a discussion on Inbounding outlett pass madness within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2015, 03:42 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Inbounding outlett pass madness

You shouldn't have to play small to accommodate a supposed simulation based basketball game.

That's like you having to put a running back in at quarter back in Madden to accommodate for op linebackers.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2015, 03:52 PM   #10
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27

Playing as PF in MyCareer, I can verify that this happens 3 times at the very least per game.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:45 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thormessiah
Yeah they can. But when you got your POE set to LIMIT TRANSITION and you see Mozgoz chuck a 3/4 court pass to Lebron for a dunk for the 6th straight time, you realize there's a problem.
I've seen this TOO many times. Make those passes errant and get players to sprint back on D and this is mostly fixed.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2015, 12:04 AM   #12
Pro

manu1433's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDBoUnCe
I've seen this TOO many times. Make those passes errant and get players to sprint back on D and this is mostly fixed.

That's still only an artificial fix though.

For 2k17, they just need figure out something with the AI that actually works in transition. I have no idea why they can't.....they can program CPU to defend passes like they are psychic in half court situations.

Just make CPU karate chop the ball like they do in half court or make them 1 hand snatch it out of the air like they are Odell Beckham.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:12 AM   #13
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
"Get better"

"Improve your stick skills"

"NBA players do this in real life too"

"Stop whining bro"

Be careful. Don't let the fanboys get a hold of this thread. 2K can do no wrong in their eyes.

Well I do have one:

"Don't move your defenders out of the way bro" - not helping your cause.

but yeah, I think most reasonable posters have acknowledged this as an issue.....it's the absolute worst after a FT....I can't even recall a time a team got beat in translation after a FT IRL...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2015, 12:38 AM   #14
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Well I do have one:

"Don't move your defenders out of the way bro" - not helping your cause.
Ok.

Which defender did I move out of the way in the 1st gif when Kyrie completely blows by the CPU Pat Beverly and then shoots a contested jumper in his face?

Which defender did I move out of the way in the 2nd gif when the CPU Patrick Beverly inexplicably side steps to the left and gives up an open lane to the basket for James Harden?

Which defender did I move out of the way in the 3rd gif when I cut off James Harden to the basket with Westbrook and he throws a pass in the middle of the paint to Kyrie Irving who finishes over the 6'10" Horford and 7'2" Hibbert?

Which defender did I move out of the way in the 4th gif when Kyrie Irving turbos through one of the best perimeter defenders in the league in Jimmy Butler and finishes at the rim while CPU Roy Hibbert stands there like an idiot boxing out?

Ok in the 5th gif you might have a point but the one time I "move my defenders out of the way" I actually get a stop and block his shot. Of course instead of showing some urgency to contest the shot the CPU Melo tip toes over to him as if he was walking on brimstone.

The only thing I'm seeing is that your CPU teammates seem to act like braindead zombies whenever that turbo button is held.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:18 AM   #15
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Ok.

Which defender did I move out of the way in the 1st gif when Kyrie completely blows by the CPU Pat Beverly and then shoots a contested jumper in his face?

Which defender did I move out of the way in the 2nd gif when the CPU Patrick Beverly inexplicably side steps to the left and gives up an open lane to the basket for James Harden?

Which defender did I move out of the way in the 3rd gif when I cut off James Harden to the basket with Westbrook and he throws a pass in the middle of the paint to Kyrie Irving who finishes over the 6'10" Horford and 7'2" Hibbert?

Which defender did I move out of the way in the 4th gif when Kyrie Irving turbos through one of the best perimeter defenders in the league in Jimmy Butler and finishes at the rim while CPU Roy Hibbert stands there like an idiot boxing out?

Ok in the 5th gif you might have a point but the one time I "move my defenders out of the way" I actually get a stop and block his shot. Of course instead of showing some urgency to contest the shot the CPU Melo tip toes over to him as if he was walking on brimstone.

The only thing I'm seeing is that your CPU teammates seem to act like braindead zombies whenever that turbo button is held.

The rocket pass in coverage and the contested shot make are unfortunate plays....because your were in position on both....(who were you controlling in the first clip BTW? Didn't see your cursor get on anyone until the shot contest)

The other 3 you could of cut off at the head....or at least disrupted. Do you use LT at all? because I'm watching your guys just run past the defender in a standing position. LT is your biggest weapon against this stuff...it's the one advantage the defense has combat it...it (unrealistically) can stop some of these breaks in their tracks.

Yes, there are definitely some issues with transition defense by the CPU, but you can't use that and the AI as a crutch to not be in position....these weren't the best examples

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2015, 02:35 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu1433
That's still only an artificial fix though.

For 2k17, they just need figure out something with the AI that actually works in transition. I have no idea why they can't.....they can program CPU to defend passes like they are psychic in half court situations.

Just make CPU karate chop the ball like they do in half court or make them 1 hand snatch it out of the air like they are Odell Beckham.
If anything THIS is the artifical fix. My suggestions would get the opponent to bring the ball up the floor like an actual NBA team and run competent half court set instead of these forced fast breaks. Your suggestion would still result in people pushing the ball up the floor, just at lower intervals of success.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »