Home

Crutch defense

This is a discussion on Crutch defense within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2015, 01:01 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Crutch defense

Wall
Of text incoming!

I couldn't find a better name for it than crutch defense because that's all it is. I don't understand why 2k continues to give the players who don't see value in anything 3s and dunking a crutch online when they decide to have a team of only undersized guards by making reach in fouls almost impossible to come by for if you are a big man. I can't begin to describe the frustration of playing as a center or power forward and not being able to hold the ball long enough to even pass it to another team mate before it is ripped from you. And this annoys me even more as I enjoy scoring from the post up and through lay ups and fades which usually require me to hold the ball for at least a few seconds before I can shoot it. And for the people who say there is nothing wrong please please please go the the park as a big man and play some games and then tell me if you still feel the same after having the ball ripped form you the moment you touch it or having every player on the court run at you spamming the steal button before your feet touch the ground when you grab boards.

Sorry for my rant. But this **** gets extremely annoying after a while.

Sent from my iPhone with minimal cares for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2015, 07:29 AM   #2
Rookie

GradyMac's Arena

Re: Crutch defense

With the center on my squad, I feed him in the post and he goes to work.

If the other team all runs at him spamming steal, he kicks it back out to me or the other guy for a wide open bucket.

Do that a couple of times and they stop converging on you as much.

But you have to have a PG that is willing to feed, then get the kick back, then feed again. I can understand if you are playing with randoms you will have trouble with this.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:36 AM   #3
Rookie

I play a 6'10 PF and did some Park Games ... yeah you can get stripped of the Ball easyly ... but as GradyMac mentioned learn to play with it and use it against them.

On the other side i destroyed PG-SF teams at rebounding and pass it instant out or if you have enough space do the second chance points yourself.

I really have not that much problems that many big men have. Maybe cause i am a PF? But i think to put low points in ball control wouldn't help that much.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:30 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyMac
With the center on my squad, I feed him in the post and he goes to work.

If the other team all runs at him spamming steal, he kicks it back out to me or the other guy for a wide open bucket.

Do that a couple of times and they stop converging on you as much.

But you have to have a PG that is willing to feed, then get the kick back, then feed again. I can understand if you are playing with randoms you will have trouble with this.

Yeah man but like u said u have to have a team willing to do this most times I only touch the ball on rebounds at which point the other team is already on me by the time the shot even goes up

Old 10-15-2015, 05:04 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Rhymer
Yeah man but like u said u have to have a team willing to do this most times I only touch the ball on rebounds at which point the other team is already on me by the time the shot even goes up

Rules 1 through 75 of online games, don't play with randoms if you want to have fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2015, 06:52 PM   #6
Rookie

GradyMac's Arena

This is what I did when none of my "regular" friends had 2k in years past.

Play with randoms, but send friend invites to the ones you find that actually play as a team. Slowly you will build up a list of people that you can play with.

I was running with some dudes from Spain, a guy from OK, a guy from Chicago; all spread out.

I am lucky this year that all my friends are on board, so we have to break up into two sets of 3 sometimes.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:25 PM   #7
Rookie

knucklehead15's Arena

OVR: 1

The same C and PF that dominate the smaller players that guard them . Im a 6'6" SG and when i have to guard a C , 9 out of 10 times he just stands in the paint waiting for a shot to go up so he can rebound it, even though he's boxed out . Or they pass it to him , and as Shaq would say the small guy is BBQ Chicken . So what are smaller players supposed to do ?
Old 10-16-2015, 07:58 PM   #8
Banned

You have about 1.25 seconds to make a move in the post before getting disrupted. Seems quick at first, but you can make it work.

Last year, didn't even seem we had that much time.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »