Home

Pro AM - Observation & Improvement (Rep, VC, Badges)

This is a discussion on Pro AM - Observation & Improvement (Rep, VC, Badges) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2015, 01:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Pro AM - Observation & Improvement (Rep, VC, Badges)

I've been playing Pro AM ever since the patch was released (Team Record 16-2). Here are some issues and observations that I've experienced, and my thoughts on improving the mode:

1. The Positives
- The game play is extremely smooth (compare to 2k15), and the concept of playing organized/simulation basketball is something many will enjoy
- Matchmaking is legit, and we don't have to wait for games like last year at Jordan Rec Center
- No more demi gods!!! harder to make shots, need to let the big man eat

2. Issues & Improvement
- It gets real boring if you blow teams out and the opposing team all quits... 2K should implement a forfeit system so that we take the W and don't play till the end of the game against computers
- No rep or VC is rewarded (VC rewards only at Pro AM center). 2K needs to implement some sort of rewarding system or this mode will die out real fast. - After playing one game for 40 min with no rewards, there is no sense of accomplishment, and it got boring at times
- When playing in your custom arena, your overall rating drops down. I guess it can be your real overall since it is inflated in mycareer. The rating drops down few more points if you play out of position
- Badges don't seem to work properly or at all

Overall, the concept and gameplay is really good and enjoyable, but it could feel redundant and boring at times. Implementing a reward system to Pro AM players (ie., Rep, VC, items, special badges, attribute upgrades (after capping out)) would take this mode to another level and bring back more customers and players for 2k17.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2015, 01:25 PM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Pro AM - Observation & Improvement (Rep, VC, Badges)

Great post all around.

Agree with the pro's and con's

I wouldn't be surprised if they added rep to Pro Am since Ronnie and LD2k mentioned it...
Old 10-16-2015, 02:04 PM   #3
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

I just made a similar post: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ons-ideas.html

I like all of your ideas. I love Pro-AM, but there are some common sense and totally fixable issues that should be addressed.

I feel like the 2k Staff have so many modes, that certain common sense things get overlooked.

Why is VC only rewarded in the rec center, for example, how does that even make any logical sense? An open beta would've helped, but posts like these might do the trick as well.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:13 PM   #4
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I disagree with your last two points . Badges really do matter . Brick Wall , limitless range , acrobat , offensive crasher , lockdown defender , pick pocket , eraser , microwave , closer , I've seen them all be effective .

The lowered overall really don't matter .honestly it's probably why the game plays so much better

Other than that I agree with all your points .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-16-2015, 05:00 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Great post all around.

Agree with the pro's and con's

I wouldn't be surprised if they added rep to Pro Am since Ronnie and LD2k mentioned it...
I haven't heard anything mentioned by LD2K and Ronnie yet. Was this through their live broadcast? When did they mention it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2015, 05:01 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I disagree with your last two points . Badges really do matter . Brick Wall , limitless range , acrobat , offensive crasher , lockdown defender , pick pocket , eraser , microwave , closer , I've seen them all be effective .

The lowered overall really don't matter .honestly it's probably why the game plays so much better

Other than that I agree with all your points .
I was stating that the badges don't seem to work in custom arenas... not sure if its a glitch or something the development team missed
Old 10-16-2015, 05:02 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
I just made a similar post: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ons-ideas.html

I like all of your ideas. I love Pro-AM, but there are some common sense and totally fixable issues that should be addressed.

I feel like the 2k Staff have so many modes, that certain common sense things get overlooked.

Why is VC only rewarded in the rec center, for example, how does that even make any logical sense? An open beta would've helped, but posts like these might do the trick as well.
Agree with open beta. maybe for 2k17 they will test it out
Old 10-16-2015, 05:44 PM   #8
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotterio
I was stating that the badges don't seem to work in custom arenas... not sure if its a glitch or something the development team missed
Yeah me too they work for me
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »