Home

Matchmaking on Pro-Am needs desperate fix.

This is a discussion on Matchmaking on Pro-Am needs desperate fix. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2015, 01:37 AM   #1
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
Matchmaking on Pro-Am needs desperate fix.

It's extremely noncompetitive when you have 3 real players and 2 AI versus 5 humans. Happened two out of two games tonight.

The AI they assign to us are two guards. My friends are a PG and a SG. I am a PF. Even if we had one of them being a PF/C it wouldn't matter. We get outrebounded 3 to 1. It's just a numbers game 3 guys jumping for a rebound versus 1 or 2 they will get it every time.

The matchmaking needs to stop matching 3 humans versus 5 humans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2015, 01:50 AM   #2
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Matchmaking on Pro-Am needs desperate fix.

Haven't played a game yet (not able to on Xbox) but this needs to be patched asap.

I remember them saying if you played with less than 5 you'd be at a disadvantage. And I remember hearing that and thinking to myself it just meant the cpu would be less adept than a skilled 2K player. So I was okay with it. We always ran 3 man rotations for Crew, it helped with spacing and playing with 5 guys is actually too hectic I think; turns the game into a fast-paced nightmare.

I was just saying we always run a guard, wing, and bigman. So I assumed they'd fill in our blank spots with players at that position (sg and pf) but if it slides our point to the 3, and me as a shooting guard to the 4, what's the point of even playing?

I know I'm gonna be killed down low and on the glass, and not only that it just kills all the immersion and sim aspect to the game.

-Allen Iverson
Old 10-18-2015, 01:54 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

They need to give you the option to quit and get the win when the entire opposing team quits and you're left playing the CPU.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:43 AM   #4
Rookie

It appears if you leave too the game continues to play out CPU vs CPU. Me and my team all quit after the opposing team did because we just didn't want to play the CPU. Half an hour later we noticed an extra win. So I'm not sure how it played out but we got a win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2015, 08:58 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
It's extremely noncompetitive when you have 3 real players and 2 AI versus 5 humans. Happened two out of two games tonight.

The AI they assign to us are two guards. My friends are a PG and a SG. I am a PF. Even if we had one of them being a PF/C it wouldn't matter. We get outrebounded 3 to 1. It's just a numbers game 3 guys jumping for a rebound versus 1 or 2 they will get it every time.

The matchmaking needs to stop matching 3 humans versus 5 humans
I can't agree with this statement 100%. I regularly play with 3 humans and 2 AI. The 3 of us play as a PG/SG, another PG and a Center. We wiped out 7 teams straight with 20-30+ point wins. Typically we receive 3 man human teams but we've had far better success against 5 man teams since they cant play magnetic defense like the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2015, 09:02 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastencore01
It appears if you leave too the game continues to play out CPU vs CPU. Me and my team all quit after the opposing team did because we just didn't want to play the CPU. Half an hour later we noticed an extra win. So I'm not sure how it played out but we got a win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here although I DESPISE this feature. I am in favor of the game continuing when the opposing team rage quits. I would hate to lose my stats if that happens. However, the quitting team should have to forfeit no matter if the CPU replacements win or not.

Our record is currently 7-1. That one loss came from a team of CPUs that we didn't take serious once the human players quit. Annoying.

It is nice to have confirmation that they do take the L if you manage to beat their replacements though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »