Home

Certain Dribble Moves tied to attributes

This is a discussion on Certain Dribble Moves tied to attributes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2015, 05:29 PM   #1
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6
Certain Dribble Moves tied to attributes

I took a break from the long MyCareer grind and played a few quick games, I noticed that certain players had a nice arsenal of dribble moves that I had no clue how to pull off in MC.

I went through all of their signature styles trying to be able to use these moves in MC and no matter what I changed I couldn't pull them off. I finally figured that it was tied to ball control which is strange considering that I can use any size up with any position, even a max height Center.

I started experimenting and figured out that the cap to unlock the moves I was trying to pull off was 86. I made a quick video as evidence

It's just strange to me that 2k would decide to cap these at 86, it's not an extremely difficult move to pull of in real life. Why should most of the league be punished with these slow sloppy looking snatchback dribbles?

JR Smith can't ever do this in the game with his current ratings (even if it was more of a push)

The cap really should be lowered to like 70 or 65 at the very least or restrict these moves to Guards and Small Forwards.

You would be hard pressed to find a player 1-3 who couldn't pull those moves off in a game. Yet in 2k there are only 22 Players that can in the ENTIRE league. I am a fan of separating the Superstars from the rest of the pack, but this way just doesn't make sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2015, 06:06 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Certain Dribble Moves tied to attributes

good digging

but personally, though the ratings might be off for some people, i like that there is something that differentiates ball-handlers. i actually wish there was more. Not many people do that move, or advanced ones during an actual game.

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 10-18-2015 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:44 PM   #3
Rookie

Nymesis21's Arena

OVR: 0

I did notice how when I played Kyrie he was doing stuff I've never seen. I know he has his own signature moves, but he did this nasty shamgod to Melo, which I've never seen before
Old 10-18-2015, 10:31 PM   #4
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
good digging

but personally, though the ratings might be off for some people, i like that there is something that differentiates ball-handlers. i actually wish there was more. Not many people do that move, or advanced ones during an actual game.
I'm perfectly fine with them differentiating ball handlers.

It's just very aggravating to me as a mostly MyCareer guy that my player will never be able to access these moves unless I get blessed with some boosts. These dribbles can only be done by Point Guards 6'2 and under.

There should be some sort of threshold based on position or something.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:44 PM   #5
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Thanks for sharing this evidence!

I mentioned in one of the SG/PG/SF threads that certain dribbles and layups can only be accessed by a rating of 80+ or 90+ so the max cap is not very meaningful for many attributes when you consider the threshold to reach the next level of performance enhancement.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2015, 02:13 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNoVa27
I'm perfectly fine with them differentiating ball handlers.

It's just very aggravating to me as a mostly MyCareer guy that my player will never be able to access these moves unless I get blessed with some boosts. These dribbles can only be done by Point Guards 6'2 and under.

There should be some sort of threshold based on position or something.
Fair enough. Thats why i have been a huge proponent for randomized caps. It would allow for unique players along with balance.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:30 AM   #7
MVP

TheVinylHippo's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Fair enough. Thats why i have been a huge proponent for randomized caps. It would allow for unique players along with balance.
The problem with that is the inevitability of users creating and deleting MyCareer saves until they get the perfect roll.

Last edited by TheVinylHippo; 10-19-2015 at 02:37 AM.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:46 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVinylHippo
The problem with that is the inevitability of users creating and deleting MyCareer saves until they get the perfect roll.

If there were real slim odds behind this ( think 1 in 100,000) it would stop a person from just re-creating until they got the greatest caps and could breathe life into the experience instead of making the exact same player every year....

You still have the chance to be an all-around Lebron type player, but you'd have to hit the proverbial genetic lottery in getting the skill caps high enough to make that happen. Even if you didnt 'hit the jackpot' and have you randomized caps high enough to make you an all-time great, you could still be special at a certain skill.

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 10-19-2015 at 03:21 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »