Home

I'm kinda disappointed with Pro-Am as a walk-on.

This is a discussion on I'm kinda disappointed with Pro-Am as a walk-on. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2015, 04:14 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3

I was expecting some sort of progression system where you gradually level up depending on the grades you get in games.

You get matchmaked against people at your level and as you rise in the tiers, you gradually play in bigger arenas. First, that yellow gym that walk-on games are played on with no fans and then eventually you get to play in sold out NBA arenas where if you are the home team, you come out to your arena music and all of that and they call your name.

But to my knowledge, all the walk-on Pro-Am games are played in that boring empty gym with no sound except for player noise and soundtrack music.

You can't skip anything, so if one team is getting alot of fouls, you have to sit there for almost 45 seconds as the ref slowly gets the ball, sets up the free throws and goes through long pauses between each shot.

Furthermore, there's no personalization. There's no announcer calling your chosen names. You can't even see your teammates or opponent's names. You only see their online PSN/Xbox name.

I don't have people in real life to form a team with, nor would I want to. I just want to play solo and still get a full experience. Pro-Am walk-on just feels like a stripped down MyPark, with none of the bells and whistles that the Park has.

Last edited by takki; 10-20-2015 at 04:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2015, 04:27 PM   #2
Pro

Hopsin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I'm kinda disappointed with Pro-Am as a walk-on.

It's truly a game mode made for a crew.. At least groups of 3.. You can have basically all that stuff above if you just found 2-3 friends to play with. If not well, you got the walk on courts.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:55 PM   #3
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by takki
I was expecting some sort of progression system where you gradually level up depending on the grades you get in games.

You get matchmaked against people at your level and as you rise in the tiers, you gradually play in bigger arenas. First, that yellow gym that walk-on games are played on with no fans and then eventually you get to play in sold out NBA arenas where if you are the home team, you come out to your arena music and all of that and they call your name.

But to my knowledge, all the walk-on Pro-Am games are played in that boring empty gym with no sound except for player noise and soundtrack music.

You can't skip anything, so if one team is getting alot of fouls, you have to sit there for almost 45 seconds as the ref slowly gets the ball, sets up the free throws and goes through long pauses between each shot.

Furthermore, there's no personalization. There's no announcer calling your chosen names. You can't even see your teammates or opponent's names. You only see their online PSN/Xbox name.

I don't have people in real life to form a team with, nor would I want to. I just want to play solo and still get a full experience. Pro-Am walk-on just feels like a stripped down MyPark, with none of the bells and whistles that the Park has.
Stripped down MyPark? It's worse than that. There's practically zero incentive to play as a Walk-On. You barely get any VC worth your time, not to mention you don't even get any Rep for playing.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:02 PM   #4
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3

one incentive would be to use your MYplayer in a more sim 5 vs 5 setting, with NBA rules and fouls.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:31 PM   #5
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

OVR: 2

I've said this many times. This game is mode is extremely fun but you get absolutely NO VC from it even though it says you will.

Look I get the whole "just play and have fun" but I like rewards, I usually strictly play offline franchise because I like to see my team progress, have standings, have stats etc..

With pro-am you get pretty much none of this which I would be cool with if I got some VC, but, you don't. So what's the point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2015, 07:44 PM   #6
MVP

tru11's Arena

im you like sim experience with my play you play pro-am if you want a lil bit arcade you play my park.

its a new mode so its taking baby steps.

they will probably patch some things into in the future.
Old 10-21-2015, 02:19 AM   #7
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

In middle Canada where I'm from basketball has about as many fans as bowling does so unfortunately not any friends playing to team up with. That results in walk on play as y only option. I agree there is little incentive other than wanting a 5 on 5 sim. The good news I'm one of those people that is OK with that being all that's really offered. The bad news is that the walk on method of pro am doesn't result in a sim experience very often. Every once and a while I'll get good teammates but more often than not it's a bunch of guys ball hogging. I quite regularly find myself in a game where I touch the ball once or twice a half and even still I'll play team basketball and pass to open guys just because.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:27 AM   #8
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

You won't get anything out of playing as a walk on, it's a huge waste of time;

No VC
No Rep
No Rank
No teammates
No record-tracking worth mentioning
No stat-tracking worth mentioning
And you could potentially get matched up against full pro-am teams just goofin around, we did it the other day but had to quit because that zhit was sooo stupid boring and easy.

It's just a joke man
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »