Home

NBA 2K16: The King of Customization

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: The King of Customization within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2015, 12:30 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2K16: The King of Customization

Every year, I sit down with my computer in hand ready to write a list of things down I'd want added to a game's franchise mode. Whether that be Madden, MLB: The Show, FIFA or even NBA 2K. There has always been a handful of things that I'd like to see added -- even if a few of them are a bit trivial. This year, NBA 2K16 has me stumped.

It is hard not to feel totally immersed in both MyGM and MyLeague. You can toy with just about any setting that you'd like, from the league's economic standards to its trade rate. If you aren't happy with the way something is by default, there's a really good chance NBA 2K gives you the ability to change it for yourself. Why isn't that more celebrated?

Read More - NBA 2K16: The King of Customization
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2015, 12:43 PM   #2
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K16: The King of Customization

I feel 2k has set the standard for current gen franchise modes with Mygm and Myleague, I just hope other sports games take note and try to copy and paste.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:06 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13
From a non-basketball fan, it looks like the biggest flaw in NBA 2k16 is that it is not a hockey game!
Old 10-22-2015, 01:49 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
From a non-basketball fan, it looks like the biggest flaw in NBA 2k16 is that it is not a hockey game!
Absolutely. I'd be happy to make NBA 2K the template for all sports games.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:11 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
You can't really create your own league though. Like be able to create the Big 10 or the Greek League. That would be awesome. Of course that is completely missing from other games as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2015, 02:38 PM   #6
Rookie

Customization is great. I created my league with a bunch of the legend teams. Got rid of the teams that have no chance of winning and made the league more competitive. Now we can see if the 95-96 bulls are the greatest of all time.
I am disappointed in blacktop that I can't use legends in that mode. They used to let you. That would be awesome again.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:08 PM   #7
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

NBA 2K16 is awesome, but I'd definitely give the "King of Customization" crown to Fire Pro Wrestling. Over two decades in and that series still can't be touched for its customization options, although it is admittedly a far less complicated game than NBA 2K. Not only can you edit every wrestler in the game and add hundreds of your own (totaling over 500 characters), you can also rebuild and reorganize leagues and promotions to an almost infinite degree, designing custom logos, titles, belts, clothing and paint schemes along the way.

Add to all of this the fact that you can actually program custom A.I. tendencies for every custom character (a feature I've yet to see be implemented in any other sports game) and nothing touches Fire Pro when it comes to creation suites in a sports game, or video games period.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:27 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
NBA 2K16 is awesome, but I'd definitely give the "King of Customization" crown to Fire Pro Wrestling. Over two decades in and that series still can't be touched for its customization options, although it is admittedly a far less complicated game than NBA 2K. Not only can you edit every wrestler in the game and add hundreds of your own (totaling over 500 characters), you can also rebuild and reorganize leagues and promotions to an almost infinite degree, designing custom logos, titles, belts, clothing and paint schemes along the way.

Add to all of this the fact that you can actually program custom A.I. tendencies for every custom character (a feature I've yet to see be implemented in any other sports game) and nothing touches Fire Pro when it comes to creation suites in a sports game, or video games period.
Fire Pro Wrestling is the sh*t!!! I still play Firepro Wrestling Returns on my PS4 to this day (only reason I still keep my PS2). This game and Nba216 I can spend HOURS customizing without even playing a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »