Home

This Just Isn't The Same Game It Was At Release

This is a discussion on This Just Isn't The Same Game It Was At Release within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2015, 10:22 PM   #17
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: This Just Isn't The Same Game It Was At Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
havent had time to really play the game all week but has it really gotten to this point ?

It's no where near last year. But it's headed that way. The amount of made mid and 3point shots seems to be on the steady up and up. Rather than where it was at launch.
Old 10-25-2015, 10:32 PM   #18
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Isn't it OS's new mantra that anecdotal statements like these are rejected without before and after video proof with accompanying statistical analysis. Interesting...

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 10-25-2015, 10:51 PM   #19
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
This Just Isn't The Same Game It Was At Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Isn't it OS's new mantra that anecdotal statements like these are rejected without before and after video proof with accompanying statistical analysis. Interesting...

I thought it was "I don't like it, patch it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
havent had time to really play the game all week but has it really gotten to this point ?

In assuming you've played since the first shooting tweaks....if you liked the after that then I doubt that will change.....personally I don't think much has changed as suggested

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 10-25-2015 at 10:59 PM.
Old 10-25-2015, 10:52 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 1

I don't think the game was necessarily actually better at release. It's just that with familiarity the flaws have become more and more obvious, and we are no longer enamored with the new features enough to ignore them.

Almost all of these issues existed on day one. There's no patch that's dumbed down help defense or transition defense. There's no patch that's changed the AI's rebounding or persistence attacking the paint. No patch has changed the random falling or AI being quicker to the ball. So many of these are legacy issues.

The only major change seems to be the tweak to lay ups and three point shooting, and reduction to mid range accuracy. The layup change may have exacerbated the issue with inside scoring by the AI, but I am not seeing anything un-sim about user threes offline. If anything, players that should be able to shoot the ball off the dribble still don't do it well enough.

Chances are we've just gotten better at dealing with the defensive bumping and are finding ways to take advantage of the CPU's poor team defense.

Tweaks didn't destroy the game at least offline beyond maybe layup success. Everything else was a problem from day one that we notice because we're out of the honeymoon phase. It happens every year.
Old 10-25-2015, 10:53 PM   #21
Zero Finger Movement

CRIP4LIFE's Arena

OVR: 5

everyone here thinks tweaks and changes are made to games based solely on complaints & praise. look at all the posts in this thread prior to mine.

no one seems to understand or realize that developers use in-game telemetry/tools to track ANYTHING they want to track and they don't NEED user opinion to see how their game is performing.

they may use user feedback to hone what they already know. but it's not their guide.

they have MILLIONS of data provided by all the players who play already daily. why would they shape their opinions off of a few thousand people?

now, whether or not they have the same gameplay desires/goal as the vocal community is another issue. personally, i prefered the game at release too more so than the way it performs today.

but to think that a small percentage of user complaints is the compass of visual concepts design/code decisions is short sighted.
NCAA - CLEMSON
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2015, 10:55 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
It's no where near last year. But it's headed that way. The amount of made mid and 3point shots seems to be on the steady up and up. Rather than where it was at launch.

Mid range accuracy was actually decreased since release, unless there was a recent adjustment after Mike asked for feedback.
Old 10-25-2015, 11:03 PM   #23
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
I don't think the game was necessarily actually better at release. It's just that with familiarity the flaws have become more and more obvious, and we are no longer enamored with the new features enough to ignore them.

Almost all of these issues existed on day one. There's no patch that's dumbed down help defense or transition defense. There's no patch that's changed the AI's rebounding or persistence attacking the paint. No patch has changed the random falling or AI being quicker to the ball. So many of these are legacy issues.

The only major change seems to be the tweak to lay ups and three point shooting, and reduction to mid range accuracy. The layup change may have exacerbated the issue with inside scoring by the AI, but I am not seeing anything un-sim about user threes offline. If anything, players that should be able to shoot the ball off the dribble still don't do it well enough.

Chances are we've just gotten better at dealing with the defensive bumping and are finding ways to take advantage of the CPU's poor team defense.

Tweaks didn't destroy the game at least offline beyond maybe layup success. Everything else was a problem from day one that we notice because we're out of the honeymoon phase. It happens every year.
crazy that I made a similar post just 1 minute apart from the time u made this post in another thread.
Old 10-25-2015, 11:08 PM   #24
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Exactly, the amount of Shooting, Passing, Blocking etc... is broken thread on Operation Sports are just as responsible for the changes in the game.
Broken is a pretty popular word around here..

Someone tell me why there have been 194 threads with 'broken' in the title for 2K throughout OS history

Spoiler

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »