Home

Are "balanced" scoring My Players now ineffective?

This is a discussion on Are "balanced" scoring My Players now ineffective? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2015, 01:00 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Are "balanced" scoring My Players now ineffective?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
What contributes to shot success suddenly improving in Pro Am? Especially 3pt success ...

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Shooting has been slightly bumped recently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2015, 08:39 AM   #66
Rookie

I love being a balanced SG (6'5"). I have 80 3pt rating, which makes me a decent outside threat in Pro-Am. And I can also go inside fearlessly, with my 87 driving dunk, 85 lay up. I can catch and finish lobs with dunks consistently, unlike Outside guards.

If all you want is the midrange game on offense, then yeah, you'll be a bit less effective (in your own play style) compared to an Outside scoring guard. But that's only a 6-8 rating difference...

Additional +6 rating on your Midrange rating won't make you a Rip Hamilton, or +8 rating on 3pt rating won't make you a Klay Thompson...

There are so many factors that help a player become an effective (and efficient) scorer. Ratings are just one of them, but not the most important one in my opinion.

"Am I 'consistently' finding or creating good scoring opportunities for myself and myteam?", should be a scoring guards main concern if you ask me.

I am happy as long as I find good looks, I don't care if I miss them. I'll keep taking them, because I know that I'll eventually start making them.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:08 AM   #67
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBrayden
Here's some screenshots from some of my pro-am games as a 6'4 balanced PG:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That moment when ur PF is 6'4

Sent from my iPhone with minimal cares for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:40 AM   #68
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8

Does any one know if certain jumps shots are better or worse for proam? I use kobe jump shot. I'm a 6'5 sg 88 3pt 88 mid. But can't seem to hit shots.

When I shoot it's like I don't get a chance to release the button and my guy just shoots. This happens open or with a man closing out. I don't want to cheese by using LA or one of those other jump shots people claim are cheesy. But I would like to know if I'm using a jump shot that is broken in some way.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:44 AM   #69
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

There are certain jump shots that are more successful than others. There's a whole thread about it.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:02 AM   #70
Pro

DereckM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
There are certain jump shots that are more successful than others. There's a whole thread about it.
I have searched and didn't find anything for this year. I'm also not the most cpu or forum savvy so can you link or direct me please? Also what jumper do you use or suggest?
Old 11-04-2015, 11:52 AM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DereckM
When I shoot it's like I don't get a chance to release the button and my guy just shoots.
Some shots are like that online. You should switch your shot meter to "feedback only" (shot meter appears only after you took your shot, to show you how well you did) and learn where your players best shot release point is by studying his shot animation. Changing it to "feedback only" improved my shooting substantially in all game modes I no longer use the shot meter.

It's easier to get near perfect shot releases with some shot types because they are slower or smoother etc., but that doesn't mean they go in with higher success than the other shot types, in equal conditions (near perfect release & no contest, for instance.).

Of course, some shots are slower... they allow the defense to get close for a contest. Some shots are quicker, which makes contesting it more difficult.

Some shots are high-jump shots, makes blocking harder. And some shots, you can block without even jumping...

I don't like Kobe's shot because it has a slow gather animation for my taste. I want to be able to stop and go up for a shot quicker to make it harder to contest. MJ shot on quick release works for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2015, 12:43 PM   #72
Pro

DereckM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaPower2k

I don't like Kobe's shot because it has a slow gather animation for my taste. I want to be able to stop and go up for a shot quicker to make it harder to contest.
This part is so true. It seems so slow. I thought it was just me. I actually put my options on feedback only and it still shows a shot meter for some reason. I'll try Jordan quick. I am defiantly looking for a jump shot I can shot off the bounce and kobe jumpshot does not seem be the one for that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »