Home

2k Pro Am-whole other team quits. Don't get win

This is a discussion on 2k Pro Am-whole other team quits. Don't get win within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2015, 09:35 PM   #9
Rookie

Roger_Black's Arena

OVR: 0
2k Pro Am-whole other team quits. Don't get win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhawkfootball06
That same argument could be made for every online game ever. People shouldn't be able to disconnect without any loss.

Every game, somebody needs to get the W. I shouldn't have to waste 30 min playing a Pro-Am game just to see if my team can keep the lead against the CPU or quit and act like the game never happened.

So according to your theory... If you are mollywhopping someone online... And the 2k servers accidentally 'disconnect' you late in the 4th quarter... The other guy should get the win, right? Even though you were beating him in a blowout... because you BOTH were playing for 30 minutes, or so.

The bottom line is... 2k needs to fix their servers.

I think we both can agree on that much.

Last edited by Roger_Black; 10-27-2015 at 09:40 PM.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:07 PM   #10
Rookie

Re: 2k Pro Am-whole other team quits. Don't get win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhawkfootball06
Had this happen twice yesterday. The other team quits and we don't receive the win.

We've also quit out of one and didn't receive a loss. So now whenever people are about to lose, they are free to just quit and it's like that game never had happened.
I've backed out of games several times after the opposing team quit. I did receive all of my wins BUT the win is not calculated instantly. Go back to your power ranking screen about 30+ minutes later and the win will be there (or the loss if you were the quitting party). This was still working as of Monday with my squad.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:32 PM   #11
Pro

TBH I've never been kicked OUT of a game. My connection is hard wired 50 MBPS. I've gotten maybe 3/4 error codes total to where I got booted to the homescreen but never a 'your connection to 2k servers has been lost' I mean the error code where the game cuts off.

Saying that, I think the game should realize if you're up by 15/20 and what quarter it is and get disconnected. They should have a disconnection w & l column or something to show you didn't actually QUIT. It should be easy for the game to recognize you hit start and pressed square vs your ping dropping. I guess then some ppl would just pull the plug, but as bad as 2k servers have been in the past this year I don't have a problem and I never lag so I can't really say it's 2k servers vs poor internet connection
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2015, 01:48 PM   #12
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger_Black
So according to your theory... If you are mollywhopping someone online... And the 2k servers accidentally 'disconnect' you late in the 4th quarter... The other guy should get the win, right? Even though you were beating him in a blowout... because you BOTH were playing for 30 minutes, or so.

The bottom line is... 2k needs to fix their servers.

I think we both can agree on that much.
2K servers are a lot better this year. Granted they could always be improved.

But if you are disconnected while the other person is still connected, then that's essentially quitting. For every one person that would complain about getting a loss while they were up because they were disconnected, there would be hundreds more abusing it if there was no penalty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »