Home

Please rate this new idea for 2K

This is a discussion on Please rate this new idea for 2K within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2015, 12:38 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 1
Please rate this new idea for 2K

Its important for you guys give your feedback on this new idea if you like it or not. The more positive feedback received the more likely 2kdevs will implement this idea in future iterations of the game.

This idea will give you variables through different scenarios from user controller input.

Lets start off with pregame tipoff a control layout will appear at the bottom right part of the screen giving you the option to play whatever scenario you want pregame for example A- player intros
B- national anthem.

Now moving on to the game after your player finishes a layup,dunk or shot the control layout will appear once again at the bottom right part of the screen giving you the option to select many different celebrations like pumping up the crowd, salute, superman pose and many others.

You'll know what each control layout does through the option menu.

Next idea comes after receiving a hard foul option A- confront player, option B- call teammates to help you up and expand on this idea even further.

This next idea comes after recieving a foul call from the referee option A- argue call, option B- talk to ref, option C- staredown ref

For Mycarreer games when sitting on the bench after a team made basket you could option A- towel wave, option B- dance and many different celebrations 2kdevs should expand on this even further if they wish. Also after your team makes a run and the other team calls a timeout you could be that first player off the bench to congratulate your teammate option A-high five, option B- chest bump, option X- signature handshakes.

After you win a game and your walking off the court your mycarreer player will be able to
option A- high five fans, option B- sign autographs, option C- throw jersey in crowd,
option X- throw sneakers in crowd

All these ideas give the user tons more control making this a game within a game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2015, 12:44 PM   #2
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Please rate this new idea for 2K

I rate your ideas a D- out of 10. Pointless for most, but a few people may find it fun for more than one or two games. I'd be annoyed with it before finishing a single game.

I personally would not want any extra overlays on my screen nor delays to the action. We already have to put up with cut scenes that get stuck for 15-20 seconds in MyCareer when you have wait through coach instructions, stats overlays that are slow to skip, etc. Certainly would not want this proliferating further by adding additional gimicks... I dunno, seems like a complete waste of resources they don't need to be spending time on.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:21 PM   #3
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

Like HypoLuxa13 said i wouldn't want anymore overlays on screen. I like the way it is done now where on broadcast cam it mirrors a true broadcast experience. I like having control but i dont want to add another game within a game of quick time button pressing that has nothing to do with game on the court but more with presentation.

However, if i could choose settings behind the scenes, such as tendencies for what is likely to occur, then im cool with that.

Best case scenario presentation wise for me is when everything is seamless with out a cut scene. For example you foul someone you react instantaneously towards the ref while everyone else on the court is moving appropriately, you fall teammates run to help you up, you score you react appropriately while getting back on D/being able to trigger out of an animation celebration. Cut scenes and replays should trigger after a dead ball not RIGHT after a score. I would want them to get that running smoother instead of adding things to trigger more cut scenes.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:41 PM   #4
Pro

Hopsin's Arena

I actually like the idea, it gives a lot more control, it could find a better way to incorporate it without overlays or using buttons. But overall nice idea man.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:51 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFnotWhyNoT
Like HypoLuxa13 said i wouldn't want anymore overlays on screen. I like the way it is done now where on broadcast cam it mirrors a true broadcast experience. I like having control but i dont want to add another game within a game of quick time button pressing that has nothing to do with game on the court but more with presentation.

However, if i could choose settings behind the scenes, such as tendencies for what is likely to occur, then im cool with that.

Best case scenario presentation wise for me is when everything is seamless with out a cut scene. For example you foul someone you react instantaneously towards the ref while everyone else on the court is moving appropriately, you fall teammates run to help you up, you score you react appropriately while getting back on D/being able to trigger out of an animation celebration. Cut scenes and replays should trigger after a dead ball not RIGHT after a score. I would want them to get that running smoother instead of adding things to trigger more cut scenes.
Thank you... I'm glad I'm not the only one. I have cut-scenes set to "never" and I'm still inundated with crap that is designed to be watched not interacted with. It spoils the gaming experience because of it's hands-off nature.

As someone who has played I want a participant's experience: Cut-scenes during play are annoying.

I finally experienced the nightmare I anticipated with the forced cut-scenes: I was headed out with my girlfriend; she was finishing getting ready so I had 10-minutes to progress further in a saved game. It seemed I spent as much time watching the screen fuming at the stupid zooms on faces and emotions as I spent actually playing basketball.

The emphasis on personality and emotion is heavy-handed. I don't want them gone, but I'd rather see them in player-of-the-game montages or a nightly/weekly wrap-up show. Right now they add nothing to the gaming/decision-making experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2015, 02:24 PM   #6
MVP

Like all you guys said it has to work seamlessly without a cutscene sort of how were able to celebrate before a touchdown in madden and have an option to turn it off. I'm pretty sure this is an idea for the very,very far future when 2kdevs have run out of ideas to put in the game.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:33 PM   #7
Rookie

I really really like w idea of choosing if you want to celebrate. So often I'm locked in that stupid freqin n vibin animation, that the other team is already down the court. It's hands don't the most annoying thing, having your player complain about fouls while the other team scores up the court.

So if you make that an option, though I'd never use it p, I'd love it for the option not to celebrate after dumb stuff like making a shot when we're down by 10.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:14 PM   #8
MVP

Choosing your celebration would be awesome. Affecting momentum or the crowd by selecting and timing an appropriate celebration would be awesome.

But not with a bunch of overlays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »