Home

Lack of Double Teams in the Post

This is a discussion on Lack of Double Teams in the Post within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2015, 04:14 AM   #25
Ion6 Studios

OVR: 5
Re: Lack of Double Teams in the Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Frazier
There is a workaround....most people will not like it as an option, but it does work really well if you want hard core sim basketball.

Control ALL teams in a season...in there you can manually set each teams defensive strategy for each game. The depth of options is stunning.

So, you can set the Clippers to never double Cousins as DeAndre Jordan should match up one on one. Set them to 'dig' on Cousins and Chris Paul etc will come in and try and take the ball while Cousins backs down.

But then you can change the Mavs to either double him every time if you want as they have no one currently who can guard Cousins one on one.

By controlling all teams, you can essentially create defences for all teams / how thry should defend. The depth is stunning in season mode / GM mode.

The ironc thing is that, once you do this, the doubles / digs etc work really well. I.e. All the animations are in the game, as is the AI once it is triggered.

You can manually set all of these things for every team...indeed, for every single player!...in season mode if you control all teams.
Ok I just tested......I can do it also on quick game just switch to other team and set defensive plan for them! It works!

But 2k16 has a big big flaw in this area...isn't supposed CPU AI should automatically choose double teams depending on game situation?

Something went wrong on release build....look below at OS preview:

http://www.operationsports.com/previ...ds-on-preview/

"With all of the focus that has been put into defense, of course the Grizzlies are going to see some love. They completely blanketed KD all night, holding him to six points. I just could not get open. Even KD’s quick/high release (which does look much better) was not doing me any good with all the hands in my face. When KD was able to get past Barnes and the double teams, Z-Bo was there to size him up and shut down his driving lane. The strength and body size alone was too much to handle. I forced a few shots to try and draw the foul, but nothing was working. I was forced to try a different strategy."

this never ever happen in retail game without adjusting manually CPU AI Double Teams plans...

Dear Devs: this must be addressed ASAP.....Mike or Scott can you please give us a response?
PES 2014 (PC)
GTA V (Ps3)

Looking For:
PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2015, 04:20 AM   #26
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauro78
Ok I just tested......I can do it also on quick game just switch to other team and set defensive plan for them! It works!

But 2k16 has a big big flaw in this area...isn't supposed CPU AI should automatically choose double teams depending on game situation?

Something went wrong on release build....look below at OS preview:

http://www.operationsports.com/previ...ds-on-preview/

"With all of the focus that has been put into defense, of course the Grizzlies are going to see some love. They completely blanketed KD all night, holding him to six points. I just could not get open. Even KD’s quick/high release (which does look much better) was not doing me any good with all the hands in my face. When KD was able to get past Barnes and the double teams, Z-Bo was there to size him up and shut down his driving lane. The strength and body size alone was too much to handle. I forced a few shots to try and draw the foul, but nothing was working. I was forced to try a different strategy."

this never ever happen in retail game without adjusting manually CPU AI Double Teams plans...

Dear Devs: this must be addressed ASAP.....Mike or Scott can you please give us a response?
Great post and this was the game I was looking forward to. The game we got is not even close to what was said in that preview.
Old 11-07-2015, 04:45 AM   #27
MVP

sirjam's Arena

One thing I forgot to mention us u can max out def consistency and see a few doubles it does help a lil bit but it's still not right
Old 11-07-2015, 04:48 AM   #28
Ion6 Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
One thing I forgot to mention us u can max out def consistency and see a few doubles it does help a lil bit but it's still not right
Bro I'm just playing Knicks (me) vs Lakers....I put double teams to Carmelo to "DIG" and a Guards come to help when Melo is in the post..

WHat is the difference between "On Catach" and "Dig" ?

Thx
PES 2014 (PC)
GTA V (Ps3)

Looking For:
PS4
Old 11-07-2015, 04:52 AM   #29
MVP

sirjam's Arena

Quote:
Bro I'm just playing Knicks (me) vs Lakers....I put double teams to Carmelo to "DIG" and a Guards come to help when Melo is in the post..

WHat is the difference between "On Catach" and "Dig" ?

Thx
If dig works as it suppose to the guards should help by jabbing at Melo but not get out of position so they can't recover to their man. Double on catch should work like as soon as Melo touches they will run another guy immediately over to force the ball out of Melos hands. Is that what your seeing?
Old 11-07-2015, 05:03 AM   #30
Ion6 Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
If dig works as it suppose to the guards should help by jabbing at Melo but not get out of position so they can't recover to their man. Double on catch should work like as soon as Melo touches they will run another guy immediately over to force the ball out of Melos hands. Is that what your seeing?

Correct I like DIG becouse it becoume harder with a Post Threat like melo to abuse......I'll show first half stats in next post....

But like you said there should be "AUTO" also for double teams.....
PES 2014 (PC)
GTA V (Ps3)

Looking For:
PS4

Last edited by mauro78; 11-07-2015 at 05:10 AM.
Old 11-07-2015, 05:06 AM   #31
Ion6 Studios

Ok so 10 minute x quarter I almoust every time isolate or sent Melo to the post....but look at the stats....wasn't easy Lakers defense with "DIG" 80% of the time sent a SG to help post defender....
PES 2014 (PC)
GTA V (Ps3)

Looking For:
PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2015, 05:10 AM   #32
MVP

sirjam's Arena

Quote:

Ok so 10 minute x quarter I almoust every time isolate or sent Melo to the post....but look at the stats....wasn't easy Lakers defense with "DIG" 80% of the time sent a SG to help post defender....
Looks good. It's jus a shame that we have to manually do it instead of the CPU dynamically making changes as promised. If your in a experiment mood. Try this. Set the d back to default and go into sliders and simply max out def consistency. Play the same way with Melo and see if u see any digs help or doubles

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »