Home

CPU AI Defensive Plan Fix for DT and Help Defense

This is a discussion on CPU AI Defensive Plan Fix for DT and Help Defense within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2015, 05:19 PM   #49
Ion6 Studios

OVR: 5
Re: CPU AI Defensive Plan Fix for DT and Help Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Permatron
I think you misunderstood the words I typed. I'm siding with you. Them saying turning it to auto is bypassing something as if the game is better on manual. I agree with you that is better on auto. Think you misread my post.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
Sorry I was just upset!
My Rant were directed to Czar tweet ^_^

It's ok Bro....
PES 2014 (PC)
GTA V (Ps3)

Looking For:
PS4
Old 11-09-2015, 05:25 PM   #50
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

OVR: 0

Yes we bypassing easy score from post and paint

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:42 PM   #51
Ion6 Studios

He finally reply to me much respect to Czar as always...final response is:

Da_Czar ‏@Da_Czar 9 min9 minuti fa Visualizza traduzione
@MauroAnceschi @backbreaker1965 @Beluba @ScottOGallagher I have no real insight on defense fam.
PES 2014 (PC)
GTA V (Ps3)

Looking For:
PS4

Last edited by mauro78; 11-09-2015 at 05:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2015, 05:47 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2

First, I'd like to thank the OP for discovering this. I did this in another thread but twice is warranted.

Second, I think we're all entitled to how we'd like the game to play. There's no right or wrong way to play basketball. That's why of the 30 coaches in the league, there are 30 slightly different styles. It comes down to your preference.

IMHO, I find the out-of-the-box settings geared more towards an individual style of game. If you are nice on the sticks and can beat your guy: basket. As such, I've moved the Help Strength slider all the way to 100 - for both teams - and cranked the Defensive Awareness up for the CPU. This suits the way I like to play offense and defense. One pass or a nice crossover is usually not enough to get a basket.

The OP's suggestion to move the DT'ing to AUTO furthers my goal to have the CPU play team defense. Does this result in more wide open shots? Yes. But with some very simple slider adjustments, you can equal this out. What I am seeing now is the AI rotating off poor shooters to take away bigger threats. And with shot making tuned down, a guy like Rondo can have a wiiiidddeee open 3 and make 3 or 4 outta 10, at most.

This seems realistic, to me, but perception is reality.

tl:dr: Get the game playing how you want it to play.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:51 PM   #53
Ion6 Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32MJ32
First, I'd like to thank the OP for discovering this. I did this in another thread but twice is warranted.

Second, I think we're all entitled to how we'd like the game to play. There's no right or wrong way to play basketball. That's why of the 30 coaches in the league, there are 30 slightly different styles. It comes down to your preference.

IMHO, I find the out-of-the-box settings geared more towards an individual style of game. If you are nice on the sticks and can beat your guy: basket. As such, I've moved the Help Strength slider all the way to 100 - for both teams - and cranked the Defensive Awareness up for the CPU. This suits the way I like to play offense and defense. One pass or a nice crossover is usually not enough to get a basket.

The OP's suggestion to move the DT'ing to AUTO furthers my goal to have the CPU play team defense. Does this result in more wide open shots? Yes. But with some very simple slider adjustments, you can equal this out. What I am seeing now is the AI rotating off poor shooters to take away bigger threats. And with shot making tuned down, a guy like Rondo can have a wiiiidddeee open 3 and make 3 or 4 outta 10, at most.

This seems realistic, to me, but perception is reality.

tl:dr: Get the game playing how you want it to play.
With respect to you but....... with DT in MANUAL you can score 80pt with Melo without any double or help defense.....the point is on MANUAL cpu defense is broken. period.

With DT = AUTO you see doubles and help since the start of the game...I saw Bucks-Knicks last nite Melo was doubled since the beginning....this is how NBA defense is supposed to be
PES 2014 (PC)
GTA V (Ps3)

Looking For:
PS4

Last edited by mauro78; 11-09-2015 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:12 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauro78
With respect to you but....... with DT in MANUAL you can score 80pt with Melo without any double or help defense.....the point is on MANUAL cpu defense is broken. period.

With DT = AUTO you see doubles and help since the start of the game...I saw Bucks-Knicks last nite Melo was doubled since the beginning....this is how NBA defense is supposed to be
haha friend, please re-read. I am agreeing with you. I change it to AUTO every game now
Old 11-09-2015, 06:13 PM   #55
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauro78

For some teams, yes. This is really a coach specific preference, some like to double team and some prefer to stay one-on-one. To your example, not every team in the league doubles Melo every game IRL, right?

Wasn't there a slider for this in coach profiles in previous games? I wonder where it went.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2015, 06:16 PM   #56
Ion6 Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicmage
For some teams, yes. This is really a coach specific preference, some like to double team and some prefer to stay one-on-one. To your example, not every team in the league doubles Melo every game IRL, right?

Wasn't there a slider for this in coach profiles in previous games? I wonder where it went.
Yo can use POE for every coach....
PES 2014 (PC)
GTA V (Ps3)

Looking For:
PS4

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »